What's new

How are these Disney DVD's? (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I have been thinking about picking up the following Disney animated films but want to know how the transfers are:
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan:SE
Robin Hood
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
The Sword in the Stone

I am particularly hesitant about picking up Alice because it was one of the first Gold Collection titles and I am afraid it will be re-released again in the not so distant future.

Thanks.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Peter Pan SE in my opinion is great. It has a good documentary, the transfer if good to my eye and I'm glad I waited and skipped the gold edition.

I think I've heard that all the Gold Editions will be redone as SE. I can't remember were I read it though, it could be rumor. I'd hold out, especially since Roy Disney said he would like to have some previous films revisited on home video because of things being cut (MAKE MINE MUSIC, Melody Time)on the Gold editions. But the flip side is many gold Editions can now be bought cheap (I've seen them for $12.99 in Canada, which in US dollars means that we owe you $2.00 based on the exchange) so if there are ones you want, you might as well buy'em

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
By all means pick up BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS if you like the film. This is the restoration done by Scott MacQueen in order to return the film back to its original running time. The picture looks great. Fantastic disc.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
ALICE really needs the kind of restoration given SNOW WHITE. The colors have seemed fairly drab for years, and it really begs to have the dazzling Technicolor of its original release to put it across. SWORD IN THE STONE is passable. PETER PAN and BEDKNOBS are really decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks