What's new

Horizontal Line Moving Left to Right during Panic Room (1 Viewer)

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
I was watching Panic Room on DVD last night with my 36" Wega and I noticed a veritcal 1" inch thick line moving from left to right during some portions of the movie. My last guess is the problem is with the disc. Thus, why I'm posting in the "display devices" forum. I have watched movies for countless hours on this set without ever noticing something like this. What steps should I take to resolve this? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

PS - Don't mind the title. I meant "vertical" line. The moving line is visible across the entire widescreen image. I saw it best more towards the right side, but I don't think that played any significance. The line seemed as if it happened more often during scenes with more light in the picture. Panic Room is a really dark film, so it's hard to pin point the type of picture the line was easiest to see in. You can actually see the movement of the line from left to right on the screen and it never changes in size. It looks as if it does not cover anything up either.

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
Perry,

Is it a hoizontal line (ie: from the left of the screen to the right) or a vertical line? I'm not sure how a horizontal line moves left to right. Where is it on the screen: left of center (if vertical), below the center line (horizontal), etc?

Is the line solid? Does it obscure everything behind it? Is is silghtly darker than everything? Does it change in size? Is it actually moving on/across the screen?

Does it happen in dark scenes only? Bright scenes? All scenes?

Many Wegas do have a dark vertical band on the left side of the screen (my father has one with this problem), but I'm not sure that it's the same issue that you're experiencing.

The more detail you provide, the easier it is for people to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks