What's new

Hooray, USPS online to the (ebay) rescue (1 Viewer)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
usps online now allows you to print out your own postage for packages, for no fee.

great for mailing things.

maybe I'm a little late to the party, but its cool, nonetheless.

not sure if you can do individual stamps a la stamps.com

I'll have to check that out.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The main advantage of this appears to be that since they're not bearing 'stamps' you can place them in mailboxes and not have to wait forever for a person at the counter. Is that right?

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Yea, I just thought it was cool that you could mail packages from home and not have to go the post office to get the actual postage and there is no fee for this service.

You still have to drop it off or, if you're like me, throw it in with the daily pick-up at work.

Jay Heyl

Stunt Coordinator
Is this the "Click-N-Ship" thing? If so, it only applies to Express Mail and Priority Mail, and it requires special registration. It also requires that you run the Sun version of Java. I think that's what stopped me from installing it when I checked it out a couple months ago. Every time I use some software that requires Sun Java it screws up half the web sites that assume you're using Microsoft's JVM. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

If this is something different, I'd definitely like to hear more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks