What's new

Hooking up Xbox 360 to Mits 55819 (1 Viewer)

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
:frowning:

My son just got an Xbox 360 and we want to hook it up to get the high definition output. My TV is a Mitsubishi 55819.

He has the cable with the HD switch. We hooked it up to the DTV input on my TV, but we can't get 1080i output to the screen. My Samsung OTA receiver works just fine when hooked up to the DTV input on the TV, but we can't get the Xbox to work in it. When we switch the Xbox to 1080i, there is no image on the screen. I have tried going into the TV menu, but it only lets me choose 480p and 960i.

Any ideas?

Also, since I only have one DTV input on my 55819, is there some sort of switching device that I can use to hook up multiple high def devices to use that same input?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Bruce

PS: If there is a better place to post this question, please let me know.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Dumb question-- did you slide the toggle at the base of the xbox's cable to the "HDTV" position? It's easy to miss that little TV/HDTV switch.

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
We finally got this figured out. We had the hook-up wrong (plugs in wrong holes). Once we plugged it in correctly, it was just a matter of telling the Xbox to do 1080i and widescreen and we were up and running.

Neither of us could see much benefit of 1080i over 480p on a video game though. Neither Elder Scrolls IV or Project Gotham Racing 3 showed a very noticable difference between the two resolutions.

Bruce

JeffLab

Stunt Coordinator
Are you kidding? I saw a huge difference between 480p and 1080i resolutions on my tv with the 360. That seems quite odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks