What's new

hooking up dvd/vhs recorder (1 Viewer)

#james hyatt

Auditioning
Real Name
james hyatt
hello im having problems here i hope someome could help me. i have tv with home theater dvd and i have tivo what is the best way to hook up my dvd recorder i want to be able to record off tivo as well .

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
James, you posted this in the wrong forum. I will move it to the DVD Recording area.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do you have an HT receiver as well? What model DVD/VHS recorder do you have? What model Tivo? All of these will help us better help you. Otherwise, we are just guessing at the best way.

-Robert

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not knowing anything about your equipment (“tv with home theater dvd” can be any number of things), connect the combo unit’s audio and video outputs to your receiver. Run a separate video cable from the receiver’s video output to the TV’s video input.

The TIVO will have two sets of audio and video connections. Send one set to the receiver. Send the second set to the combo unit’s video inputs.

That should put you in business.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

#james hyatt

Auditioning
Real Name
james hyatt
i have a samsung home theater receiver with dvd ,a rca direct dvr with tivo and a zenith dvd/vhs recorder model xbr617

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks