What's new
World Wide Stereo

Hooking PC to Sony 42" A10 LCD question (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Finally got around to hooking my PC up to my 42" Sony A10. Just used a cheap VGA cable I picked up at the store. Didn't hook up audio, as that metal plate on the back of my case, where all the jacks and ports stick out, is blocking a coax cable from being firmly inserted to the SPDIF jack, and I'm too lazy to fix that right now. Anyway, looked really good. My question is, would using a DVI to HDMI cable work better than using the VGA, or does this set require a computer to be hooked to the VGA computer input?

Brian

728x90

John S

Senior HTF Member
If it looks really good, I'd call it good myself.

There just may or may not be some issues if the video is fed digital to it. No problem right now, so why run the risk? Unless of course you just love this stuff to death.

As to what is best? Most still suggest attempting all connection methods available and deciding which is best by comparisons. This goes for Component Video connections -vs- VGA -vs- DVI/HDMI as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixoci
Recent bookmarks