What's new

home wiring help (1 Viewer)

eshoukry93

Auditioning
Real Name
ehab
I was wondering if there were any pictured tutorials to running the wiring in the wall to set up my home theater?

I'm redoing my entertainment area (sheetrock et al.) because I'm buying a plasma and was wondering how I should run the wiring in the wall. I've seen people use pvc pipe to hold the cables but would like a more detailed tutorial.

Thanks.

PeteE

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne, I too am looking at putting in-wall speakers in and this info you gave is AWESOME. Thanks for the links.

Pete

Bud Huey

Stunt Coordinator
The links provided above probably give more information than you could ever want, but I will put in my $0.02 anyway. Run all of your wires away from power lines whenever possible and when you do have to cross them do so at as close to a 90 degee angle as possible. This will help eliminate any noise that may be transferred to your cables from the power lines.

If you are able to run a PVC tube for future upgrades that is great, but I would recommend starting with everything in the studs to leave as much room in the PVC tube for future expansion as possible.

Good Luck,
Bud

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks