What's new

Home Weather Station? (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Johnny, I have always been under the impression, since I was old enough to understand "weatherwise aches" of older folks, that the news stations should fire those pretty boy "weathermen" and just hire some old timer to piss and moan about how there WILL be rain, because his/her joints ache.

As for blowing out your knee, wouldn't that be kind of drastic? If all else fails, and you want to know the weather, look out the window!

Oh, and here is a list my Uncle uses every time ski season comes around...

Ski season is here! Hence, the following list of exercises to get you prepared:

16. Visit your local butcher and pay $30 to sit in the walk-in freezer for a half an hour. Afterwards, burn two $50 dollar bills to warm up.

15. Soak your gloves and store them in the freezer after every use.

14. Fasten a small, wide rubber band around the top half of your head before you go to bed each night.

13. If you wear glasses, begin wearing them with glue smeared on the lenses.

12. Throw away a hundred dollar bill-now.

11. Find the nearest ice rink and walk across the ice 20 times in your ski boots carrying two pairs of skis, accessory bag and poles. Pretend you are looking for your car. Sporadically drop things.

10. Place a small but angular pebble in your shoes, line them with crushed ice, and then tighten a C-clamp around your toes.

9. Buy a new pair of gloves and immediately throw one away.

8. Secure one of your ankles to a bedpost and ask a friend to run into you at high speed.

7. Go to McDonald’s and insist on paying $8.50 for a hamburger. Be sure you are in the longest line.

6. Clip a lift ticket to the zipper of your jacket and ride a motorcycle fast enough to make the ticket lacerate your face.

5. Drive slowly for five hours - anywhere - as long as it’s in a snowstorm and you’re following an 18-wheeler.

4. Fill a blender with ice, hit the pulse button and let the spray blast your face. Leave the ice on your face until it melts. Let it drip into your clothes.

3. Dress up in as many clothes as you can and then proceed to take them off because you have to go to the bathroom.

2. Slam your thumb in a car door. Don’t go see a doctor.

1. Repeat all of the above every Saturday and Sunday until it’s time for the real thing!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I will be the first to admit that some items in your list do bring back a memory or two. But I will also say that downhill skiing is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!:)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
You'd want to pay attention to that wind chill if you were doing this without clothes on!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks