What's new

Home Theater Spot Commercials (1 Viewer)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
It seems like every time someone starts to get close to getting some useful information on fixing, tweaking, fiddle dinking their TV they get directed to the "Home Theater Spot".
So I went there and as usual to get "the good stuff" you have to pay. This is everywhere in this forum and is beginning to sound like a commercial for them.
I am not against paying for services I request but I don't like the "I know something that You Don't" attitude. I realize most of the truly knowledgable people work for a living (kind of like a barber giving all his family and friends free haircuts, soon you are out of money and friends)
I have been looking for 2 weeks for information on Mits service menues, every time I narrow it down guess what "Check Out The Spot".
I guess it about time to appoligize now for (my spelling) asking and answering my own question. I am sure I will pay the fees and as everyone else does I will be directing people to. . . . you guessed it.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Like it or not, most of the Mits people simply hang out over there. Not much one can do about that short of the site imploding.

It's simply one of the realities of how things have turned out. You can post your questions here and we will try ...

This site is more generalized ... but you will find knowledgeable people here for Toshiba, Sony, Hitachi, Pioneer, Panasonic ...

Good luck though...

Regards

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Guy:

I would just post your question here and if someone refers you elsewhere thank them for the suggestion and then state that you would like to get some answer here if possible. I am sure that someone will come along to help you out.

Parker

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I enjoy info from both sites. What kind of pay stuff are you talking about at the spot? I don't pay anything to join the forums there.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
You might also check out the AVS and Keohi sites. I like the personalities here but some of the other sites are more technically oriented.

Jan

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Just got back to town, havn't looked at these replys to my post.
I guess I am just a little frustrated, I bought a new Mits 48311 about 3 weeks ago and am in a arguing match with the store I bought it from.
This is the 4th Mits I have had, 46805, 46809, and a 50in Silver series 809 (I think) now I buy a new 48311 and let it burn in a couple weeks (lowered contrast) bring out VE to properly set the brightness and contrasr. The pluge"s white area on this 48311 really creates a "halo" effect on the black area ( even the YLO bars Mits uses for levels). The store sent a tech. to look at it and he said all he would do is push the AV reset turn the contrast wide open and if it had a picture that would be all he would do, he says the "halo" effect is normal. If thats the case then the other 3 Mits's I had were exceptional as they had "perfect blacks, not a hint of that "halo", next step is to take VE to the stare and demonstrate what I am talking about.
I complained about this 3 days after I bought the set and now it is getting closer to 30 days. I told them I eanted it fixed or replaced, what a trip.
This store shall remain nameless for the moment but I went to them because they are known for "Priemum" (sp) displays. I am "tickey" about this and I didn't want to get into one of these situations, they don't even know what a "Avia" or "VE" disc is. So I have been nosing around trying to find related information so I could at least make an intelligent decision about what to do.
Found the service codes and as a novice they are a little intimadating, for now I look but dont touch.
Sorry to get wired up over this, eventually it will work out.
I do appreciate the response however and promise not to get so long winded next time.
Guy

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

If we take the VE's pluge pattern with the 4 gray boxes ... and if you see a halo surrounding the one white box ... then what you see is normal. It's just the way it is. Building a lens hood and duvetyne lining might help a bit, but usually not enough to make much of a difference.

Assumes this is what you are talking about.

Regards

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Michael,
You are on the right track, only this halo starts at the bottom of the screen and covers at least 1/3 of the black area. You can turn down the brightness and contrast to a point this doesnt happen but then it is way too dark when you start bringing the cont and brightness back up here comes the area I refer to as well. I used this same DVD and DVD player on the last two Mits I had and they didnt do this at all. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks