What's new

Home Theater Pics Posted (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Hey All

I finally got around to a) completing my theater, and b) posting some pics. I've created a gallery here. I'll be adding other pics at some point. The gallery is much easier to work with then messing around updating my personal website.

Any questions let me know.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Jay

That's a great set-up you got there. The cable's look unbelievable. I like the colors you chose and the really clean look of the theater. Lots of luck.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys.

Re: the cables - I'm very happy with how they turned out. The braid is the key. ;) I was fortunate to have a dealer who lent me the compression tool. That thing is expensive. I have a few more to go, just waiting for some more ends.

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Wow! Very nice. I enjoyed the pics. I like the HD distribution system you have, and I liked the pics of the cable making tutorial. I like that kind of stuff. Great job!

Don

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Where have I seen that Laserdisc player before.... :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Nice theater. Are you still using the Paradigms you had?

What Marantz receiver is that?

MikeGee

Second Unit
Thats real real impressive! I really like the lighting you did on the ceiling. Wonderfully done indeed. Good job, i love it.
What kinda projector are you using?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Shane

Still that same CLD-99. ;) Still Paradigm Reference 60s and CC up front, but the surrounds are their newer ADP-470s. Was going to use my original ADP-450's and the 470's for back surrounds but Paradigm switched to a "wedge" design which I prefer. Bought two pair of the 470's and sold the 450's on eBay.

Mike

I've always been a fan of indirect lighting in the ceiling so it was a must-have when I did the theater. Ended up running two rows of rope lights as one wasn't enough illumination. To be real picky those ropes are actually clipped into place to keep the filament straight, otherwise an irregular pattern is produced if the rope twists.

The projector is a Sanyo PLV-Z4 LCD. Just released. I opted not to put big cash into the projector at this time as the market is going through quite a shift with 1080p on the horizon and improving LCD performance threatening to drive down DLP prices. That and what I feel is going to be some pretty good growth in LcOS designs. The thing I like about the Z4 is its installation flexibility with a long throw (could have been as far back as 20') and extensive lens shift to allow ceiling mounting. So it's nice and out of the way.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

If I were spending $10K on a projector today that would be at the top of my list. By all accounts the image is stellar, blacks are way down there, and contrast ratio is substantial. Add to that 1080p, reasonable installation flexibility, and ridiculously nice industrial design and you have a winner. Amazing that their first 1080p SXRD was $30K. Equally amazing that a projection technology (LcOS in whatever incarnation) has not yet made significant inroads into the market as it has some pretty compelling advantages.

The future looks bright for front projection - that much is sure.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hey Jay,

Great theatre! Nice to see the completion after all the 'teasing'! :) Enjoy it immensely.

Cheers,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks