What's new

Home Theater Forum Cancer Research Team (1 Viewer)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Hi,
Just want to let everyone know about the
United Devices Cancer Research Project
Please join the Home Theater Forum Team and help with this very important project.
You can find out about the project here:
Cancer Project
You can download the software here:
Software
And you can join the team here:
Home Theater Forum Team
List Of Members
There may be problems with this link, so plz try back later if you encounter any.
Peace!!

Hugh M

Second Unit
Thanks for the info Henry!

Considering we have spacecraft in the outer reaches of our solar system, yet people can be diagnosed with Cancer and die in a few months, I'm right behind efforts like this to support research whatever way we can.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
I havnt posted this yet, but last week i spent 14 damn hours at the VA Hospital here in town.
It turns out my grandfather may have cancer.
They found a large mass in his pancreas and they are so slow at getting things done.
Were just waiting for them to call so he can go up and have a biopsy done.
He is 83 and i am so scared. I dont think its going to be good news.
If you pray, please pray for him and me and my family.
Thanks.

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sorry to hear about that Henry. I hope he is okay. I lost my grandfather to cancer 4 years ago, hence why all of my extra computing cycles are going to this cause. Please, everyone, I'm sure there is someone you know who has, had, or is going to have cancer. The sooner we find a cure for this, the better the world would be.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Well, I just joined, but under my team stats, it doesn't show my time/points that I accumulated since I joined individually. Is there something I need to do to cause that?

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
You mean you have been running the program before joining the team?
Im not sure, but i think i remember reading that only TEAM STATS will be entered, but i could be wrong.
Did you just join? Wait till it records your stats, i think it does it midnight eastern time.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the information, I have lost 2 loved ones to cancer and now my husbands grandfather has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer.

I'm hoping for a cure in our lifetime.

Peace,

Eve

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Hey Eve, did you sign up?
Im sorry about your loss :frowning:
Im glad we got a couple more members and i hope we can get more.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I just joined Henry! Anything to help. I watched my grandfather deteriorate and die from bone marrow cancer from 1995-1996 and do not want to see anyone else go through it!

Thanks for all of the info!

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Damn Jeffrey,
Im very sorry and i feel for your loss :frowning:
My grandfather is still undergoing tests to determine his prognosis.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Henry:
I lost my grandmother and a cousin to cancer last year (he was only a few years older than I am, and left two wonderful daughters behind.) A couple of days ago I found out that the sister of a good friend of mine has tested positive for cancer for the first time since undergoing surgery and chemo six years ago. I had passed this thread up in the past, because I thought the software would be something like the SETI screen-saver. I'd been a member of the HTF team for that effort, but had to drop it after switching to Windows 2000. It seemed to be causing problems, and I didn't have time to figure it out, so I just stopped using it and any similar programs. (I had been intrigued by the Human Genome Projects use of distributed computing, but not enough to try another screen-saver program.)
When my friend e-mailed a lament about how little there was she could do, I remembered this thread and did a search to find it. I'm happy to say that I'm running the program as of tonight, and have joined the HTF team. I'm 13% through my first data unit. :) I've already e-mailed the URL to my friend, who also has a fast computer, a DSL connection and plenty of spare computing cycles. Thanks for pointing out a way that we can do something in the face of this devastating disease.
Regards,
Joe

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Joe,

Thank you for your words. Although i would never wish anyone family member to go through what my grandfather is going thru, its conforting to know that im not the only one going thru this with my grandfather.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
21, last I checked. :)
I'm at 134 days, 20 hours, and 38,323 points. The server seems to have been having problems in the last few weeks, since I show several days with no results, and I generally process data units in under 24 hours.
Later,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks