What's new

Home Theater Colors (1 Viewer)

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, So I am getting ready to do the drywall for my hometheater and my wife and I have started looking forward to final colors for the HT. The 8 la-z-boy recliners are a light blue microsuede (I think it is actually called sea foam). We are going to do fabric on the walls. Thinking left, right, and back will be a burgundy and the front wall will be black (using a front projector system).

So the questions become what color should the ceiling and rug be?? Was thinking a gray for the ceiling (trying to stay away from white and think black will be too dark) and maybe a tan w/ speckles for the rug. We want to introduce some light colors. The WAF is on the line for the color coordinating. She thinks that may be too many colors.

Any other ideas??

chris_everett

Second Unit
My ceiling is a dark grey (accoustical foam) which I'm happy with. As for carpet, I went with a commercial carpet that is mostly black but has colorful "accents" mixed in. Little geometric shapes, stars, that sort of thing. Although not a theater theme per se, it's provides that impression. It was also cheap! Rather than using light colors to "lighen up" the room, consider using more light. Higher wattage bulbs, more fixtures, etc.

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
extra light shouldn't be much of an issue. the room is 16X23 and I have 6 can lights, and 3 scones (2 left and right of stage and one on the center of the back wall).

We just don't want to create a cave with all dark colors.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
You might want to consider using a darker color for the carpeting. Maybe a dark blue to work with the blue in your chairs. Or as Chris said , dark with some colorful accents. By the way, you'll love the seating. I have the same number of chairs only in red(in the microfiber) and they are very comfortable. Everone who comes over to see a movie raves about how great they feel. You would'nt think so, but the red chairs and the midnight blue carpet work very well together. The nice thing about dark carpeting is when the lights go down for the movie, the floor just seems to go black. No distractions. Good luck with your theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks