1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Improvement coming to DVD in Best of set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eugene Esterly, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I just got an email from Tvshowsondvd because I want Home Improvement on DVD.

I went to read the news report at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com & from what it says, it looks like we will be getting Home Improvement on DVD in a best of set.

The news report is listed at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=286

Jeez, these companies need to get it in their heads that people want TV shows on DVD in season-by-season format.

2. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Well, these "J6P-oriented"/"low-intelligence-level" shows (this, Married with Children) are seen by studios as being more suited for best-of sets. Makes no sense...

3. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I don't think "Home Improvement" is a "J6P-oriented"/"low-intelligence-level" show at all. "Unhappily Ever After" it is not.

Anyhow, hopefully it's just a way for Disney to test the waters before releasing season sets. Hopefully.

4. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Best Of I won't buy. Seasons I will. I will not get a Best Of set just to show Disney that I have interest.

I sure hope they skip this and go straight to season sets.

5. Jim-M

Jim-M Second Unit

I guess I'm in the minority because I'd rather have a Best Of set. Getting all the seasons with so many shows out isn't realistic for me viewing time-wise or financially. I personally don't need to have 100+ episodes of something like Home Improvement. 10 shows or so would be nice. Just my 2 cents.

6. Shawn RM

Shawn RM Auditioning

I also will not buy any "best of" set. If they want my money then they will need to do things properly in my eyes. They know that J6P will buy it, so they will prolly do it just to test the waters. Then they will pull a Friends and release the full seasons (hopefully). Otherwise I guess I will never get the enjoyment of watching it at will.

BTW, this is my first post. It's good to join ya'll. Hopefully you can count on me to bring some insights into some issues.

7. Eugene Esterly

8. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I want season sets! [​IMG]

10. Eugene Esterly

Let me add something. The Home Improvment site located at http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/HomeImprovement/ (this site is also mentioned in the news report at TVshownsondvd).

The site has a good idea & here is the idea (excerpt from http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/HomeImprovement/) : I recommend e-mailing Disney's marketing department ([email protected]) and letting them know you would prefer complete Season Sets. Seems odd that BVHE would even consider releasing anything other than season sets, with TV seasons selling as well on DVD as they are now (The Simpsons, X-Files, Mad About You Disney's own Sports Night, etc.)

I just emailed Disney & I told them that I prefer having Home Improvement on DVD in season sets.

11. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

12. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

I can't believe that Disney is doing this. Best of sets are not the way to release a great show plain and simple. I will NOT buy a single best of set like a lot of you. Buying best of sets does not let Disney know that we want season sets. It will make them think we want even more best of sets. Writing them is an excellent suggestion and the best way to let them know that we WANT.

13. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

14. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

15. Eugene Esterly

Here is some contact info for The Walt Disney Company from Switchboard.com :

Contact Address:
    Walt Disney Company the

500 S Buena Vista St
    Burbank, CA 91521-0001

Disney's Telephone number (there are 2 phone numbers) is listed at
    http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgidi...x=0&Search.y=0 just look for the listing that says Walt Disney Company the & also the listing that says Disney Walt Co the .

Email address:
    [email protected]

Contacting Disney is the best choice for getting Home Improvement on DVD in season sets. Every studio has a marketing department & the marketing department determines what customers want to buy. And in this case, Disney's marketing department believes that people want Home Improvement on DVD in best of format. We need to contact Disney & tell them that we want HI on DVd in season format.

16. Jason Harbaugh

Email sent. Hopefully they will listen.

17. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

I would also prefer season sets.

That said (and I liked Home Improvement by the way, being a Tim Allen fan and all), if there was a DVD consisting of the episodes involving Man's Kitchen, Man's Bathroom, etc, I'd certainly get it. I think those episodes are classic.

Jason

18. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

(keeps his clothes on, and goes and sulks in a corner...doesn't feel like dancing right now)

[rant]SEASON SETS, PLEASE![/rant] 96% of TVShowOnDVD respondants request season sets of this show!

I will be contacting Disney today to express my preference!

19. Jason Harbaugh

20. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer