1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Home DV Hardware

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Blu, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

I'm about to buy a new real time DV editing card. I would like some suggestions on what to get. I've gone to Videoguys.com and read their annual roundup and am leaning towards a ProDV One and buying the Commotion 4 pro software.
    I am going to edit a feature film with little special efx.
    More storyline and character driven but some wires will be used and need to edit them out hence the Commotion.
    I have a PC system that is more than enough to do this job as it handled my last card and more. (Card burned up so that is the need for a new upgraded card)
    All of the footage was shot with a Canon XL1-S. So I really need something to bring out the best of the footage.
    All help is appreciated!![​IMG]

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You really don't need to go to those high-end RT cards. Try the Pinnacle DV-500 or the Canopus DV Raptor. Both will convert analog video to DV on top of having first-rate DV codecs, the same ones used on the more expensive cards

There are some nice Pro-One packages, but personallyI find Adobe's software to be superior to Pinnacle's for editing and FX.