What's new

Home DV Hardware (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I'm about to buy a new real time DV editing card. I would like some suggestions on what to get. I've gone to Videoguys.com and read their annual roundup and am leaning towards a ProDV One and buying the Commotion 4 pro software.
I am going to edit a feature film with little special efx.
More storyline and character driven but some wires will be used and need to edit them out hence the Commotion.
I have a PC system that is more than enough to do this job as it handled my last card and more. (Card burned up so that is the need for a new upgraded card)
All of the footage was shot with a Canon XL1-S. So I really need something to bring out the best of the footage.
All help is appreciated!!:D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You really don't need to go to those high-end RT cards. Try the Pinnacle DV-500 or the Canopus DV Raptor. Both will convert analog video to DV on top of having first-rate DV codecs, the same ones used on the more expensive cards

There are some nice Pro-One packages, but personallyI find Adobe's software to be superior to Pinnacle's for editing and FX.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks