What's new

HollyWood Video Managers (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I was in my new Hollywood Video the other day. I was checking out and I called the manager over to thank Hom and HV for deciding to carry the WS version of the discs. They have very little P&S in this store. The manager said he would'nt carry anything else and then said......

"Well here's the thing any DVD Player can play the pan and scan version if they want I tell customers this all the time"

I said you mean the zoom not all players have this but some do...

He said no all the players can be changed in the menu to P&S and the disk will play that way. He knows he sold HiFi for awhile....

Since I was so happy this store was carrying Widescreen I decided to let sleeping dogs lie and not tell him he's been pissing off alot of customers.

The Mind Boggles

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I think he probably meant that every DVD player's menu can by set to output to a 4:3 or 16:9 television.

MelvinG

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup: for our local HOLLYWOOD video. They carry zero pan&scan releases and they have more dvd selection than our local BLOCKBUSTER. Let's hope other HOLLYWOOD video customers were as appreciative as I was on their policy.
MELVIN
:)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That's actually a good idea- if anyone asks for pan n scan, tell them to set their player that way and if they still get 'the black bars' just say there must be something not working :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
No he definately thought setting that menu would P&S the disk. Now technically it would if the industry would support P&S on the fly, but they don't, and it Does'nt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks