HollyWood Video Managers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I was in my new Hollywood Video the other day. I was checking out and I called the manager over to thank Hom and HV for deciding to carry the WS version of the discs. They have very little P&S in this store. The manager said he would'nt carry anything else and then said......

"Well here's the thing any DVD Player can play the pan and scan version if they want I tell customers this all the time"

I said you mean the zoom not all players have this but some do...

He said no all the players can be changed in the menu to P&S and the disk will play that way. He knows he sold HiFi for awhile....

Since I was so happy this store was carrying Widescreen I decided to let sleeping dogs lie and not tell him he's been pissing off alot of customers.

The Mind Boggles

2. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I think he probably meant that every DVD player's menu can by set to output to a 4:3 or 16:9 television.

3. MelvinG

MelvinG Auditioning

[​IMG] for our local HOLLYWOOD video. They carry zero pan&scan releases and they have more dvd selection than our local BLOCKBUSTER. Let's hope other HOLLYWOOD video customers were as appreciative as I was on their policy.
    MELVIN
    [​IMG]

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

That's actually a good idea- if anyone asks for pan n scan, tell them to set their player that way and if they still get 'the black bars' just say there must be something not working [​IMG]

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    No he definately thought setting that menu would P&S the disk. Now technically it would if the industry would support P&S on the fly, but they don't, and it Does'nt