What's new

hk avr 330 (1 Viewer)

Joe*H

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, I just received my hk avr330 that I bought for a steal on ebay from harman kardon (refurb). I must admit it blows my yamaha 5740 away. It sounds great and looks really nice, I have even been told by people who see it that looks much nicer the the last one, they notice it right away. well guys here are my questions. 1st, what should I put the crossovers at for my speakers. I have all speakers set to small. my center (def tech c1) goes doen to 45hz, I was thinking about 60 for the setting, the fronts are klipsch sf-3 and they go down to 37hz, would I set these to 40. the rears are klipsch sf-1 and they go to 40hz should I set these to 40hz, any help would be great with the settings. right now I have the fronts set to 60 and the rear and center set to 80. 2nd, I cant switch between different setting like dolby to dts or logic 7 and so forth. does the receiver only let you listen to the setting that the receiver detects. like when I watch cable I can only switch between the dolby settings. when I listen to the radio I can switch between tham all, and I watched the mummy in dts it would only let me switch between dts setting. If this is right thats fine but when I had the yamaha you could select any one I wanted at any time. the last thing is I dont understand what to do when I program the list of surround sound programs. the book says to set them up in the on screen menue but when I select them I dont understand what to do, and also it only lets me ajust a few but not all. other that this I love this thing it sounds great and it has plenty of power. I listen to it around -30 to -25 db and its loud, on the 5740 I would have to have it at -18 to sound good and also I was never happy with the center channel sound on the 5740 it was always low, not any more this hk it plenty loud. thaks guys for your help.

Joe*H

Stunt Coordinator
ok guys I reread the book and it cleared alot of things up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks