What's new

Hitachi pic problem (1 Viewer)

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I am getting dark horizontal bars at the top of my picture when using component in with my dvd player. Looks like several 1/4" lines about 3-4 inches in total. They are not perfectly straight. Only noticeable on scenes that are dark at the top. Where you would normally see the edge of the black bar you can't because these lines obscure it. The bottom black bar is fine. When I hit stop on the player and the screen goes blank but still some gray there it looks fine, only does it when playing. I can also bring up a dark scene from avia and the problem doesn't show up. I have a toshiba 2300(interlaced) which is old, hooked to a hitachi 36udx10sa(HDTV). Anyone experience this? Think it is the dvd player?

Does your Hitachi have Magic Focus [or MagicFocus8?]
If so try to adjust it through there. I'm thinking its the Hitachi creating the lines your talking about, because its very unlikely your component cables would do that. If Magic Focus isn't a feature of your television I might recommend talking to a Sales Counselor at a store which sells that Hitachi, i.e. Circuit City, or whomever. They can show you quite easily in person given you have the time and patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks