What's new

Hitach 36" is fantastic, but... (1 Viewer)

Darren D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. I just bought the Hitachi 36”, and I have been extremely happy with it. The colors and sharpness are mind-blowing. I recommend it to ANYone…except maybe deaf or HOH people.
Questions:
Only problem with the set: Closed captioning works with the normal TV reception, and satellite reception, as long as RCA cables are used (not sure about S-video), but closed captioning does NOT work through signals coming in through component hookups. I’m not sure if I should return the set and get another HDTV or not. Are ALL the HDTVs lacking closed captions if component hookups are used?
Are HDTV shows even closed captioned? I cannot find this information ANYwhere. If so, can closed captioning be picked up if the tuner is built into the TV?
Are ALL HDTV broadcasts required to come in through component hookups if one doesn’t have a built-in tuner?
I’d really appreciate it if some of you could answer these for me, tinker with the sets a bit if you don’t use CC and let me know what works and what doesn’t. I’ll really be bummed out if HDTV is not CC as that is the only way I will watch TV. I use English subtitles for DVDs.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks