Hey Vince

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JJR512, Oct 15, 2001.

1. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

It is true, actually.
    However- there are of course degrees, and level to where a studio or individual would have a problem. One or two captures in context of a discussion or a review are one thing (in terms of legal standpoint). An archive of nude captures from film are quite another (and webmasters have been sued extensively for it- as a word of advice, stay away from Alyssa Milano nude scenes!)
    But if at any point you come across any extensive images, or links to archives of bootleg materials that you feel might be illegal posted on this site- feel free to drop me an email and I'd be happy to take care of it.
    On a side note, notice that the link to your site wasn't deleted from the other thread, so the forum owner must not have thought it violated any rules pertaining to copyright material or bootlegs. Rather, I think the fact that the discussion went a bit off topic was why it go closed.
    I'll let Parker speak on that issue, if he wants to, because I don't want to guess his reasoning-- but note that the link wasn't deleted, so I don't think the legal issues came into play.
    Take Care!
    Vince
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here
    [Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on October 15, 2001 at 12:21 AM]

3. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

I don't think the link itself could be seen as a problem, although I left that determination up to the powers that be here, and thus did not post it originally. But the link itself does not take you directly to any nudity. On my own message board, I don't allow links direct to nudity. But I posted the link to that site on my board. Because the link only takes you to basically an index page. My rules are that there can be no direct links to nudity, but you can link to any other page, and whatever you can get to by clicking links on that page is beyond my control.
    As for the appropriateness of closing the thread when it was closed, which speaking as a message board owner myself, I completely disagree with, I have another thread in this forum for that point. My point here has been made.
    ------------------
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
    [​IMG]
    Join our [email protected] Team! (Click here for more info.)
    Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer