What's new

Hey Vince (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Besides the fact that the image captures are completely illegal...
If you really think that's true (I doubt it is), then you and the other Admins/Mods have a LOT of cleaning up to do around here.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
jjr512-genome-logo1.jpg

Join our Genome@home Team! (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
It is true, actually.
However- there are of course degrees, and level to where a studio or individual would have a problem. One or two captures in context of a discussion or a review are one thing (in terms of legal standpoint). An archive of nude captures from film are quite another (and webmasters have been sued extensively for it- as a word of advice, stay away from Alyssa Milano nude scenes!)
But if at any point you come across any extensive images, or links to archives of bootleg materials that you feel might be illegal posted on this site- feel free to drop me an email and I'd be happy to take care of it.
On a side note, notice that the link to your site wasn't deleted from the other thread, so the forum owner must not have thought it violated any rules pertaining to copyright material or bootlegs. Rather, I think the fact that the discussion went a bit off topic was why it go closed.
I'll let Parker speak on that issue, if he wants to, because I don't want to guess his reasoning-- but note that the link wasn't deleted, so I don't think the legal issues came into play.
Take Care!
Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on October 15, 2001 at 12:21 AM]

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I don't think the link itself could be seen as a problem, although I left that determination up to the powers that be here, and thus did not post it originally. But the link itself does not take you directly to any nudity. On my own message board, I don't allow links direct to nudity. But I posted the link to that site on my board. Because the link only takes you to basically an index page. My rules are that there can be no direct links to nudity, but you can link to any other page, and whatever you can get to by clicking links on that page is beyond my control.
As for the appropriateness of closing the thread when it was closed, which speaking as a message board owner myself, I completely disagree with, I have another thread in this forum for that point. My point here has been made.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
jjr512-genome-logo1.jpg

Join our Genome@home Team! (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks