What's new

Here's What I Got....Finally. (1 Viewer)

Jay_Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's done. Wrote the check, shook the hand, and I'll have the system here next week sometime.

Here's the rundown:

RPTV - Mits 73" WS373909
Receiver - Denon AVR4802
DVD - Denon DVD-2800
Speakers - Definitive BP3000TL (2), Definitive C/L/R3000, Definitive BPVX/P (2)

So, umm...how'd I do?

Personally, I liked what I heard and the sales guy was able to talk me away from the Elite's to go with the Denon's. I dunno...I'm still floating back down I guess....oh well, can't wait to see it in the living room. I'll probably wet myself.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Great, but I would still add a sub or two :)
Dual SVS 20-39CS+ or dual HSU VTF-3's would send you to bass valhalla.

Al Smith

Auditioning
Hello Jay,

What an awesome setup. If i had the money, i would go with just about the same setup. VERY nice equipment indeed. Have fun and enjoy it as i know i would.

Alan

JoshS

Stunt Coordinator
That is one HUGE ass TV!!!!!!!

Have fun, that is going to be a killer setup,

Josh

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Jay,
Some great choices there. I think you're going to be one happy guy. :)
To really put the system over the top, I'm with Ned on the adding of a sub or two for the real low frequency. And maybe an ISF calibration for that Mits.

Jay_Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it may be killer, but I am already worried about the DVD player.

Apparently the Denon DVD-2800 has that "Chroma Bug". Well, the 2800 MK2 fixed the bug, supposedly and it's only about $50 more.

Here's the other problem. I checked the Denon website and it has the 2800 listed with a far less price than what it was sold to me for. Then again, he did knock off about $400 on those speakers. I think I'll be satisfied with the player so long as I get the upgrade, but it sucks to see the price already down on the player as well. I suppose it's an okay compensation what with the low price on the speakers, but anyway. Just thought I'd vent.

~Jay

Jay_Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Correction....I just talked to the sales guy I bought all my stuff from and he did sell me the Denon DVD-3800. They didn't have it in stock nor did they have any reading material on it as well so he gave us the 2800 flyer instead...hence my confusion. Sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks