What's new

Finally I have Saved- Kind Advice on Paradigm (1 Viewer)

Greatestboss

Auditioning
Real Name
Ihab
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
Hi guys, I worked really hard to save some money for a HT upgrade. I'm looking for Paradigm first here is my setup.

1- Front : Definitive Technology PB 2006TL ( Powered)
2- Center: Definitive Technology CLR 2500 (Powered)
3- Surround: Definitive Technology BPVX (Powered)
4- Back Surround: Definitive Technology: BPX
5- Atmos: RP-140SA
6- Subwoofer: Definitive Technology SuperCube 1
7- AV Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR3030
8- Blu Ray: Denon DBT-3313UD
9- TV: Panasonic Plasma 65"
11- Room: My room size is 2150 Cubic Feet. Room floor Tiles, Walls are Concrete and Ceiling is Gypsum board. My listening distance is 11 Feet from front and center

I feel my front are no match for the rest of my system and I got a great deal on the Paradigm Prestige 95F as fronts and Prestige 55C as Center. I found them for a great price of $4,525.

My Question are they too large for my room, should I buy the 85F & 45C instead.

Kindly advice and as I have saved for the past two years to be able to upgrade.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I would keep your speakers and get a better sub. The Def Techs are darn good loudspeakers, and for the $$$, the subwoofer upgrade will astound you.

Greatestboss

Auditioning
Real Name
Ihab
I would keep your speakers and get a better sub. The Def Techs are darn good loudspeakers, and for the $$$, the subwoofer upgrade will astound you.
Great, Any recommendation on a good subwoofer that will compliment my setup, FYI, I corrected the info, my fronts are the BP2004TL, not the BP2006TL.

Regards

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I love Paradigm speakers and as an owner of a 7.1 studio reference set-up I agree that you should keep your Definitive Technology speakers. Your money will be better spent on a new sub or possibly even two... Check out SVS and post back if you have any questions about which one or two subs you should add to your room. You can't go wrong with the PB series.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Great, Any recommendation on a good subwoofer that will compliment my setup, FYI, I corrected the info, my fronts are the BP2004TL, not the BP2006TL.

Regards

Based on a $4000 plus budget for new speakers, here are some ideas on subwoofers:

1. Dual Powersound Audio S-3601 - under $4000 delivered.
2. Dual SVS SB-16 Ultras - again, under $4000.
3. Dual Axiom EP800's ... list price is higher, but calling them would get you close to $4000 for duals.
4. Dual Rythmik FV-18 subs - $3400 delivered.

Any of these - even in a single - will make a MAJOR improvement in your system. The "1-2-3-4" is not a ratings orders by a "ranking".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks