What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HERE'S LUCY SEASON 2 WILL BE OUT ON NOVEMBER 3RD, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'm thrilled by this news. I hope this pace continues for the rest of the series. This is great!

I wonder when the next "Lucille Ball Specials" dvd will be released. Either way, I'm so excited to have the first 2 seasons of "Here's Lucy" coming out on dvd. Soon, most of Lucille Ball's tv work will be available for us to own.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news! I really like the 4-episode story that opens season 2. I hope they keep up this pace as well and we might have the whole series by the end of next year or shortly after.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Great pace for releases Best Buy seems to have the best price on this series so far usually $19.99 a season.

I just hope sales go well for the show, I want all the seasons badly.

I just feel like I am the only person purchasing the show haha.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger

I just feel like I am the only person purchasing the show haha.

Well, I don't even like the show and I'm purchasing it. I buy it because it's Lucy and to suppoort classic series on dvd and to support MPI.

I too hope they keep up the pace.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Funny, I didn't think there was much excitement for this release either. There wasn't much fanfare about it online, not many posts on message boards, etc. But it really is a wonderful set. Very nicely put together and exquisitely remastered. MPI has committed to releasing the entire series. They have promos on their dvds advertising for the complete series. It's just too bad these are not more available in stores. I think sales would be better for MPI if they were.

I think "Lucy Calls The President" is their next planned Lucy release, sometime early 2010. Maybe we will hear an official announcement for that one soon.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I love this series, too! I've had so many laugh out loud moments while watching the first set. I love the episode where Lucy wreaks havoc in the supermarket while showing Kim how to pick the right products, or when Lucy is looking for the stolen diamond bracelet in the cocktail sauce, or "helping" Harry fix the electricity in his house. Even some less memorable episodes, have some brilliant Lucy moments.
I went to Best Buy yesterday to get season 2, but they didn't have it in stock. I checked their kiosk and it said it was backordered, but the good news is that it will still be $19.99. However, they did have plenty of season one which is good. The last time I was there, I snatched up the last copy of season one, so they must have restocked.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I have few clear memories of this show, but I always liked it. When was that episode where Lucy & Viv were trying to build a boat? Is that out on dvd yet? I have to go out and get both seasons now--

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

I have few clear memories of this show, but I always liked it. When was that episode where Lucy & Viv were trying to build a boat? Is that out on dvd yet? I have to go out and get both seasons now--
The episode where Lucy & Viv were trying to repair a boat is actually part of Lucy's earlier series, The Lucy Show, and yes, that episode is included on the season one set of that series.
Viv was not a regular on Here's Lucy, but she did make several guest spots.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Ron Lee Green

The episode where Lucy & Viv were trying to repair a boat is actually part of Lucy's earlier series, The Lucy Show, and yes, that episode is included on the season one set.
Viv was not a regular on Here's Lucy, but she did make several guest spots.

What the--we're talking about "Here's Lucy??" I sure don't know how to read! I thought we were talking about "The Lucy Show." That's because I didn't even KNOW that "Here's Lucy" volume one had come out. I knew there was a sort of "best of" set a while back but for some reason never noticed that a first season box had come out. Sheesh--where the heck have I been--

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Well if you want the show Best Buy has both Seasons for $19.99 each and they do look amazing. Worth every cent. It almost feels like robbery haha

I will definitly buy ever season as they release them. The fact they put so much care into these seasons sets stunned me.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger

I will definitly buy ever season as they release them. The fact they put so much care into these seasons sets stunned me.
Me, too! The first set has a ton of extras! Last night, I discovered that there was a whole bunch of them that I never got around to watching, so I did so last night. I liked the home movies of Lucy golfing with her Jackie Gleason. Even though there was no sound, I could still hear Lucy's laughter in my head. I also liked the footage of Lucy and Gale filming around LAX (Los Angeles Airport), and I laughed at Gale's expressions take after take while Lucy was driving.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
It's good to see some love for this show. It was a childhood favorite of mine. S2 is definitely on my list for the next DD sale.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I have finished watching the eps on the S2 set now. Overall, I found this season much stronger than S1. Some good solid belly laughs here and there this season. Still no I Love Lucy, but then again, nothing is.

Will watch the extras this weekend.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Originally Posted by Robert13

Funny, I didn't think there was much excitement for this release either. There wasn't much fanfare about it online, not many posts on message boards, etc. But it really is a wonderful set. Very nicely put together and exquisitely remastered. MPI has committed to releasing the entire series. They have promos on their dvds advertising for the complete series. It's just too bad these are not more available in stores. I think sales would be better for MPI if they were.

I think "Lucy Calls The President" is their next planned Lucy release, sometime early 2010. Maybe we will hear an official announcement for that one soon.
I never thought MPI could do things better than big companies like Fox or Paramount, etc.. But they did! I just reveived the first two seasons of Here's Lucy and I'm so impressed by the picture and sound quality of those DVD sets. Plus, all the extras are great! Full of extras! Sony with Bewitched should take notes.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Originally Posted by JohnMor ">[/url]

Well, I don't even [u]like[/u] the show and I'm purchasing it. I buy it because it's Lucy and to suppoort classic series on dvd and to support MPI.

I too hope they keep up the pace. [/QUOTE]I bought those 2 seasons for the same reasons you gave, John. In my case, I grew up with The Lucy Show. Here's Lucy was never my favorite. The look of those episodes on my 46" Panasonic Plasma is stunning! Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks