Here's Lucy Glitch?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Randy Gray, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Randy Gray

Randy Gray Stunt Coordinator

I was watching an ep of Here's Lucy (Lucy The Fixer) and there seemed to be some audio distortion in one scene. It's right after Uncle Harry (Gale Gordon) touches the electrical wires and gets shocked and just before the fade out of the scene. Has anybody else experienced this or is it just my set? I've only watched one other ep and some extras so I don't know if it happens again or not.

Randy

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I've watched the whole set and didn't notice any problems.

3. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

I noticed that their voices were out of sync in this episode. The sounds don't match their mouth movements. Is that the audio distortion you're talking about?

4. Randy Gray

No, actually I didn't notice any sync problems, it just sounds like three or four short distortions where the music comes in just before the scene fade out. It may not be a big deal, I could probably live with it but if it's not on anybody elses set then I'd like to return it for another copy.

Randy

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Yep. There's definitely distortion in that scene. It sounds like a rattle. I didn't notice any sync problems though. I wouldn't bother exchanging it, since the problem is probably in the master.

6. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

Okay, I rewatched the episode again. I heard the rattling sound after the explosion before fade out. I really believe that sound was meant to be part of the music to stimulate "live" active wires.

As for the out of sync voices I experienced, that occurred when I watched the episode with the commentaries on, but when it was off, I didn't noticed any out of sync. And it was only a little bit, nothing major. Just something I picked up on that probably no one else would notice. I even noticed that during the commentary, Desi comments on something a split-second before it happens. For example, he says "Whoa!" at the explosion a bit too soon or when Lucie says, "Oh my God!" before the chandelier falls on Harry.

7. Randy Gray

Hey thanks people for checking. I couldn't really describe it but you're right it's like a rattling. And it doesn't sound like a normal sound effect (at least to me) so I guess it's in the master then.

Randy