What's new

Here to learn. (1 Viewer)

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
Hello, HTF!
My name is Lucas, I'm a novice that just recently began to dabble deep into the world of the home theater experience. Here's, in short, how I came to this forum.
My wife and I love movies and TV. However we also have a love for many other forms of recreation. So a home theater experience was just not in our top to do list. We've been kept busy with school and our carriers since we began our married life. That was until our tube TV kicked the bucket earlier this year. As we normally go to a friends house to quench our thirst for a theater like experience we weren't in a hurry to replace said TV. Now our friends def tech system moved out of state a month ago and we have been in cold sweats since. So I started reading up on this surprisingly complex and vast subject. Which lead me here. I believe forums like this one offer a treasure chest of knowledge and experience, from which in hope to gain a far greater understanding than I currently posses.
That said, here is a setup compiled of products I've heard in person in the past month that seem to please my ears. By no means am I dead set on any model listed. This is just what sounded the best to me out of the limited selection I've demoed.
Center: Martin Logan motion 8
Fronts L/R: Martin Logan motion 4
Sub: Def Tech supercube 2000
Receiver: Yamaha RX-720
( this receiver sounded the best for under $1000 out of the selection available)
Not sure about my rears.
I'm looking for clarity over all else.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks