What's new

Here come the digital projectors.... (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Mann Theatres just announced the same thing, and the good news is all the projectors will be 100% polarized 3-D compatible. In fact, the famous Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard will be the flagship 3-D theatre starting in May. www.stereo3d.com
http://www.digitalproducer.com/artic...e.jsp?id=31251

I guess this means at least one theatre will be running Robert Rodriguez's ADVENTURES OF SHARK BOY AND LAVA GIRL in polarized 3-D rather than the junky red/blue anaglyph version the rest of the country will get...

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, it will be the new Mann Chinese 6 (the VIP auditorium) that is scheduled to get this equipment, not the venerable Grauman's.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
How much for one of these bad boys?

I want to put one in my bedroom. Think it will be OK for a 80" screen, or will that burn a hole in the wall?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good news, I think, if the technology is there finally. Regal has lower definition digital projectors for their pre-previews content. While the resolution is clearly lacking, watching the color and image cleanness deteriorate once the movie starts has been a serious bummer. Of course it doesn't help that the projection quality for the film projector went right in the hole when Regal took over from Hoyts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks