Here come the digital projectors....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Pat Frank, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Pat Frank

Pat Frank Stunt Coordinator

Caught this little blurb on IMDB just now:

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

Mann Theatres just announced the same thing, and the good news is all the projectors will be 100% polarized 3-D compatible. In fact, the famous Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard will be the flagship 3-D theatre starting in May. www.stereo3d.com
    http://www.digitalproducer.com/artic...e.jsp?id=31251

I guess this means at least one theatre will be running Robert Rodriguez's ADVENTURES OF SHARK BOY AND LAVA GIRL in polarized 3-D rather than the junky red/blue anaglyph version the rest of the country will get...

3. Paul Linfesty

Paul Linfesty Stunt Coordinator

Actually, it will be the new Mann Chinese 6 (the VIP auditorium) that is scheduled to get this equipment, not the venerable Grauman's.

4. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

But that's in the same complex, correct? The press release seems to indicate that.

5. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

How much for one of these bad boys?

I want to put one in my bedroom. Think it will be OK for a 80" screen, or will that burn a hole in the wall?

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Good news, I think, if the technology is there finally. Regal has lower definition digital projectors for their pre-previews content. While the resolution is clearly lacking, watching the color and image cleanness deteriorate once the movie starts has been a serious bummer. Of course it doesn't help that the projection quality for the film projector went right in the hole when Regal took over from Hoyts.