What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Fun fact. That scene is actually on a space station. The series has never had any scenes set on earth in any of the films.

If you count Prometheus, the opening prologue for that film takes place on pre-historic earth, and then cuts to the film’s present day where the lead scientists are digging in a cave.

Alien: Covenant begins with a scene in Peter Weyland’s earth office.

(I think by now I’ve seen those two more than the originals.)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If you count Prometheus, the opening prologue for that film takes place on pre-historic earth, and then cuts to the film’s present day where the lead scientists are digging in a cave.

Alien: Covenant begins with a scene in Peter Weyland’s earth office.

(I think by now I’ve seen those two more than the originals.)
Of course you’re right and I should have specified the original 4 films. I stand corrected.
1708975710863.png

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I'm now unable to access the "Special Edition" of Aliens on Vudu on my Apple TV. I've logged out of the app and logged back in. I've reinstalled the app as well. I've even disconnected and reconnected Movies Anywhere. None of this fixes the issue which must be on Vudu's end. This is a big deal because Vudu is the only retailer to offer the SE in Dolby Vision and Atmos.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior with Aliens on an Apple TV?

IMG_20240310_092709.jpg
IMG_20240310_092721.jpg

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That doesn't count either. :)
I have to say, it's pretty much just the original trilogy for me (and yes, I'm one of like 7 people who really loves Alien 3). Resurrection is just some weird, unnecessary post script, the Prometheus/Covenant films are like a different continuity (I do enjoy them as films) and the AvP movies are just, well, they don't exist. Although Alien Vs Predator: Requiem has a fun score.

I honestly am excited to see this 4K restoration based on the initial comments/reviews here. The Blu Ray is close enough to the original experience as I remember (and 1986 is way to long ago for my memory to be even remotely reliable). Nobody is coming over to take it from me, so if I don't like the new Cameron revised image, I still have that. But I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Now if I had a copy of the film struck from beat up dirty 35mm, I'd be just as happy..

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I'm now unable to access the "Special Edition" of Aliens on Vudu on my Apple TV. I've logged out of the app and logged back in. I've reinstalled the app as well. I've even disconnected and reconnected Movies Anywhere. None of this fixes the issue which must be on Vudu's end. This is a big deal because Vudu is the only retailer to offer the SE in Dolby Vision and Atmos.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior with Aliens on an Apple TV?

I can play it on my iPad, but my code redemption was for HDX not 4K.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have to say, it's pretty much just the original trilogy for me (and yes, I'm one of like 7 people who really loves Alien 3). Resurrection is just some weird, unnecessary post script, the Prometheus/Covenant films are like a different continuity (I do enjoy them as films) and the AvP movies are just, well, they don't exist. Although Alien Vs Predator: Requiem has a fun score.

I honestly am excited to see this 4K restoration based on the initial comments/reviews here. The Blu Ray is close enough to the original experience as I remember (and 1986 is way to long ago for my memory to be even remotely reliable). Nobody is coming over to take it from me, so if I don't like the new Cameron revised image, I still have that. But I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Now if I had a copy of the film struck from beat up dirty 35mm, I'd be just as happy..
I am getting the same error on my Apple TV. I contacted Vudu support, and of course they were of no help whatsoever.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
It's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm also in touch with Vudu.

It works online and on my Sony TVs internal Android app.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Something is definitely going on with the 4K version of Aliens on the Vudu app for Apple TV 4K. The theatrical won't play - no error code, just endless buffering when trying to launch (that is the situation with just about every special feature, too). The Special Edition cut under special features returns a Movie Unavailable error (Code 2102).

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
This is annoying. That was the best version for me. For some reason the theatrical cut of this movie on Apple and Movies Anywhere has a sync issue. On Vudu it was rock solid. And Vudu has the SE in DV and DA while Apple and MA don't. And while I can in theory watch this using the internal TV app, my system has an intermittent drop-outs with eARC.

I suppose I can wait for the disc to drop in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nielmb
    Recent bookmarks