What's new

Help with Paradigm Studio CC (1 Viewer)

Kauwuane

Auditioning
Studio CC is only emitting sound from the tweeter. Checked all connections and receiver settings and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. I'm getting no vibration from the cones what so ever. The sound is high pitched and lacks any body or depth. Is these speakers blown or is something else wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Speakers were purchased brand new about two months ago and seldom driven to reference levels.
I use the Sony STRV444ES to power my system.

Darren H

Second Unit
Assuming that you bought it at a licensed Paradigm dealer, I'd just box it up and take it back. I had a problem with one of the drivers in one of my Studio 40s last spring, took it back to the shop, and was amazed when they diagnosed the problem and came out of their store room with *two* new speakers for me. There are definite advantages to working with professional, licensed dealers.

Kauwuane

Auditioning
The speaker was purchased from an authorized dealer here in Dallas and that is exactly what I plan to do. I just hope that I don't have to ship the speaker back to Paradigm myself.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't worry about it, they should take care of everything for you.. I guess depending on how long ago you bought the speaker..

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Make sure you check the jumper pin connection first before returning. If it's loose or missing, you will get only high freqencies or low frequencies depending on how you have the speaker wired. Something quick to check to make sure first.

Kauwuane

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply
I'll give that a try later today when I get home and let you know how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks