What's new

Looking at buying Paradigm Studio 100's v.4 or Studio 60's V.5? New to home audio? (1 Viewer)

kiwanoron

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
Looking at buying Paradigm Studio 100's v.4 or Studio 60's V.5? New to home audio, please help.

I am new to this site.

I have an Integra 8.9 receiver. I am looking at the cc-690 for the center channel. I will use the system for 40% 2 channel music and 50% HT. I can get the Studio 100's v.4 for $1900 and the 60's v.5 for $1700. I am not sure what direction to go in? Any advice will help. I only have a background in high end car audio.

I plan on running at least one powered sub, maybe two? Someday I may buy a separate processor and amp but not in the near future(at least a year out).

As for the room it is 18 feet wide by 17 feet deep. The seating is about 13-14 feet back from the front speakers. The front speakers would be 8-9 feet apart and not in the corners since the corners are open the hallways. The room is not an ideal theater room since it is open to two hallways and kitchen...

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Ron, a few thoughts -

- I've auditionned the Studio 60's and 100's (both v.4), and preferred the Studio 60's for music

- With one or even two subwoofers, I don't see any real need for the extra bass extension in the Studio 100's. I would save the money and go with the newer 60's

- If possible, try to timbre match the front three speakers by using the same series and version. Is the CC-690 you are looking at v.4 or v.5?

- As for future considerations, if you're looking to upgrade you could always purchase an integrated amp or separates for your front speakers, and use the unity gain feature on the pre-amp to connect up to your existing Integra AVR. This would be ideal for music, and would offer far more value for your money than purchasing a pre-pro and poweramp. But if your system is more focused on home theater, you have plenty of great pre-pro's on the market to choose from.. Emotiva, Outlaw, Marantz, Integra, Rotel, Arcam, Denon, Anthem (great match with Paradigm), Classe, Lexicon to name a few

Cheers,
Alon

kiwanoron

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
I bought the 60's...

Now the fun part, setup.

Any suggestions on Integra 8.9 setup?

I have an Integra 8.9 receiver. Paradigm Studio 60's v.5(thank you all for your suggestions) and a cc-590 v.4(planing on buying a cc-690 v.5 in the next two months). I have two Monster THX SL200-SW Subs, I paid $600 for both of them with a 5 year warranty, I know they are not the best but could not pass on the deal. I have to wait two weeks for the rear ADP speakers. I am planing on running a 5.1 system.

Here is where I could use some help:

-The integra has an option for bridging the front channel - is this a good idea?
-I also read about bi-amping the front speakers? - Not sure what is the best way to go since this is my first home system what is not a HT in a box!

- For the Subs I ran the Sub preout to one sub then out of that sub into the other(as it said in the directions)

In the Integra setup for the speaker configuration what should I set the settings at for the
-Front Speakers(paradigm Studio 60's V.5)
-Center(Paradigm cc-590 v.4)
-Sub -LPF of LFE (2 Monster THX SL200-SW Subs)
-Rears (Paradigm ADP not sure what one, most likly studio)

If you have any other suggestions Please let me know.

THANKS ~ RON

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Congrats on the new speakers! I came very close to buying the Studio 60's a few years back before deciding to build a 2-channel music system instead

Correct.. enjoy your new system!

Cheers,
Alon

kiwanoron

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
Alon,

What about the Integra setup for the speaker configuration what should I set the crossover settings at for the? Do I set this first or run the Audyssey first, will it set the crossover points for me? I have never done this so not sure where to begin?

-Front Speakers(paradigm Studio 60's V.5) Crossover?
-Center(Paradigm cc-590 v.4) Crossover?
-Sub -LPF of LFE (2 Monster THX SL200-SW Subs) Crossover?
-Rears (Paradigm ADP not sure what one, most likely studio) Crossover?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Ron, run Audyssey, set your speakers to small, crossover at 80hz, enjoy!

Cheers,
Alon

rawj7

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
I would love to get the studio 60 v.5 anyone know where you could get them online?

artruger

Auditioning
Real Name
Gene Chrisman
If you go to 6ave.com they have a name your price sale
going on . The lowest price they will take for the studio 60 v5
is $691.00 each . You might see if Alon Goldberg would comment on this to see if is a good price.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you may also want to consider atlantic technology stuff.

(see my FS post in the hardware for sale area).

Eltondeoliveira

Auditioning
Real Name
Elton Oliveira
Dear,
I live in Brazil, and I just acquired a pair of Studio 60 V5
In December I'm going to USA and I intend to buy the center speaker, but I can't find the prices of cc 590 and cc 690
We have resellers here but is too expensive, this is why i want to buy in USA
Please, do you know the prices of this speakers??
I thank you in advance very much for your attention
Best regards
Elton

Eltondeoliveira

Auditioning
Real Name
Elton Oliveira
Thank you!!
I already have a pair of Styudio 60 V5 and now I want to buy the center speaker CC 690
From Brazil is dificult to me to have the prices of these speaker, because when I send a message to reseller he send it to the reseller in Brazil, that ask about 3 times the price in USA
I am going to USA in December and I want to buy there.
Can you help me???
thanks in advance for attention
Elton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks