What's new

Help with Home Theater (1 Viewer)

John_Y

Auditioning
I am getting ready to buy the equipment for my first home theater. I remodeled the basement and have prewired it for a surround sound system. I have been looking at Yamaha Receivers. Best Buy has a series, like HTR-5280 whereas Tweeter has a series, like RXV-620. Can someone tell me how to compare these receivers made by the same company?
Also, I have been looking at speakers. I like the Polk RM6600 series and have also looked at the Infinity HTS20 series. I just found the Home Theater Direct website and their Level 3 package looks good.
I also read some good things about the Kenwood VR-510 on this site and also have read about the Yahama HTR-5490.
I want to spend between $1,000 and $1,500 for the receiver and speakers.
I will appreciate any comments or suggestions you can give me.
Thanks.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Welcome aboard, you are about to do the one thing that's still edged in my memory. It was great when I finished my basement and when I finally took the time to get the right equipment and run the surround wire inside the drop ceiling I felt great. I had the older generation Kenwood before going to Harman Kardon, but the 510 does look really good.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks