What's new

Help with Boxlight 20HD and poor image (1 Viewer)

Hetal_Patel

Auditioning
I bought the 20HD from Boxlight about 2 months ago and am using the plastex for my screen.
I get an oval yellow discoloration on the images that are there about 85-90% of the time. I have sent the projector back to Boxlight and they said they could not find anything wrong.
I have pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/patelhe under the projector folder.
Any help to correct this would be appreciated.
Hetal

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Welcome to the forum Hetal.

Hmmm, this looks kind of like a hot spot. What is the gain of the screen you are using. The 20HD is already a very bright projector so if your screen has a very high gain then this could be the problem.

Hetal_Patel

Auditioning
I do not know the gain of the screen as I am using the DIY plastex product that has been widely described. If it is a hot spot do I need to just change the screen. Have you seen the images on the web, already.....

Thanks for the help.

Hetal

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If you could temporarily place something in the middle of the screen with a lower gain, this would prove my point although at this point it sure does look like this is the problem. If so, you will have to use a lower gain material for your screen.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
From the looks of the pictures, I'd have agree with Neil (sheesh, again).

That Plastex product. It's the Parkland Plas-Tex panel, right? Are you using the right side of it (the bumpy side I think)?

One thing you can try, relatively cheaply, is get this from home depot:

Get a small can (31 fl. oz.) of their Behr Premium Plus No. 1500 Pastel Base (Pintura Interior.Mate).

Have them mix this colormatch in:

Colorant:________ OZ ___ 48 ___96
B Lamp Black ___ 0 _____ 14 __ 0
C Yellow Oxid ___ 0 _____ 4 ___ 0
V Magenta ______ 0 _____ 2 ___ 0

That's a colormatch of Dalite's High Contrast DaMat (0.8 gain). It's a pretty ideal gain for your high powered projector.

BTW, what size screen are you using?

Hetal_Patel

Auditioning
I will have to try that once I get my projector back from Studio Experience.....Hopefully they will ship it back to me this week. They could not reproduce the problem, probably because it is related to a hot spot on the screen.
They said maybe the blue LCD was overheating and they were going to increase the fan speed.

I am using a 96-105 inch screen. Ohh forgot to mention that I had painted the screen with one quart white paint with lamp black additive of 5/48 oz. Don't know if that would make a difference for the plastex and or hot spot. I did use the bumpy side, I think, but I will check that again.

Will let you know if that works......

Thank you very much for your assistance,
Hetal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks