What's new

HELP WANTED on a JVC Receiver (1 Viewer)

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine is going to buy a JVC receiver because he wants to use it with his computer, No I can't talk him out of it. He asked me what the "SUB-WOOFER" ON/OFF switch on the front of the receiver did? That was news to me, I know receivers have sub-woofer on/off "SETTINGS" in the menu but I've never seen a receiver that had an on/off button on it. Could it have anything to do with bass management & JVC's DVD-Audio? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Carol,
While I can't speak for the JVC I have a Technics receiver that has a subwoofer on/off button. Essentially it is the same as the "subwoofer yes/no" settings on other receivers. Which I guess could be considered bass management b/c then the receiver would route full range signals to the rest of the speakers. That's for my Technics of course. The JVC could be different but I suspect that it would be the same. Just curious, why can't you talk your friend out of the JVC? Is there some reason why no other receiver could work for his computer?
Dan Hine

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Dan, thanks for the info. As for talking him out of the JVC the answer is NO. I myself have a JVC receiver & it's not bad for my small Apt. but it's no Onkyo, or Yamaha &
I'm thinking of using my TAX REBATE to upgrade, I told him I would sell him my JVC but he wants one of the new JVC models because they have a front USB port for computer audio & he has other JVC products.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks