What's new

Receiver audio across multiple TV inputs. Help please! (1 Viewer)

Beaustachio

Auditioning
Real Name
Beau
Hello all,

I am new to home theater and quality audio. Just to give you some perspective:

My equipment:
Receiver: JVC RX-6042S 100wattpc
TV: 1080p 43" Samsung plasma
PS3: using for netflix with HDMI cable
Comcast non HD cable box
Speakers: (2) Infinity Primus P163BK
Center Speaker

My question is how do I have the receiver produce sound across all of my TV inputs( a mix on HD and non HD). The problem I am running into is, I get the sound I want when watching TV in non HD on AV1 input, but when I switch to HDMI input to watch HD netflix on my Playstation 3, no audio is produced.

This may be a stupid question but then again, I am very new to all of this! Any help is welcome.

Thanks guys!!

Beaustachio

Auditioning
Real Name
Beau
schan1269 said:
How is everything connected?
I'm unplugged everything because it wasn't working the way I wanted it to. So at this point I am starting from scratch. Really the only input I want to play through the receiver and speaker system is the Playstation 3 netflix on HDMI1 input. I decided I won't be needing a cable box in my bedroom and if I do decide, I can live with the tv speakers. Any suggestions on how I should hook it up to have it work the way I want it? Do I just need an HD component cable?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
The best way to do it to run the audio into the receiver from the sources. You'll want to run an optical cable from the playstation out into the receiver optical input for the best audio quality. If you want to add another source do the same thing. You'll have to switch both the TV and receiver to get everything to sync up if you're using HDMI sources. This is because you don't have a receiver that has HDMI inputs.

You could also use the TV as the AV switcher...not the best route but it would work. To do this run the playstation and other sources into the TV. Then connect the TV to the receiver with an optical cable. Switching happens at the TV and receiver stays on the optical input.

Beaustachio

Auditioning
Real Name
Beau
Okay, I can try the optical cable route.
Sam this is the back of my receiver. Any other suggestions you might have are welcome.

JVC.jpg

Beaustachio

Auditioning
Real Name
Beau
Okay, I am not having any luck with the optical cable. I have the optical cable in port 3 going to my playstation. I switched audio output on my ps3 to optical. I dont know which settings to change on my receiver. I have digital input settings that change and cycle tough options like "1DVD2DVR3TV" and pretty much all combinations of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks