What's new

Help please. SVS Ultra and ART Equalizer (2 Viewers)

John Cain

Second Unit
I have dual CS Ultra SVS subs. I have a Crown K1 amp, and I have an ART Equalizer I bought from SVS.

I have finally gotten around to tuning my subs and I want to connect the ART Equalizer.

I cannot find the ART Eq's manual.

Can some kind sould please help me connect the ART so I can tweak my Subs??

Many thanks for any help here!!

-- John

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
John,

I've had the long suffering task to take the ART 351 manual and create an on-line .pdf file of it. In our discussions with ART as a dealer we discovered even they didn't have one!

I accidentally left my copy at our photo studio yesterday, if you are still in a pinch by Monday (I assume yours is misplaced?) e-mail me and I'll do all I can to scan it and get it up on our site.

That EQ is probably one of the most underated pieces of HT gear on the planet IMO. I think Tom is already working with you to make sure you are wired up right, but between the manual and a bit of experimentation I think you'll find it's both easy to use and quite powerful in terms of adjustability. It's no Rane PE17 (the high end Made-in-the-USA parametric EQ we're also dealers for) but in some ways I like it better given its simplicity.

Ron

John Cain

Second Unit
Thank you Ron, he is and I really appreciate it.

My problem so far is its gain is so low that even with it at the highest setting, it is waaaaaay lower sub output than without it.

It is at least 15-20 dbs down.

I had to take out of the loop for tonight's movies.

I'm sure we will get this worked out.

Thanks!!

-- John

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
My problem so far is its gain is so low that even with it at the highest setting, it is waaaaaay lower sub output than without it.
John,

I would very interested in how you are able to solve this problem. I am considering getting a new EQ to use with my 16-46PC+ and may consider the same model you have.

Thanks!
JimmyK

John Cain

Second Unit
I haven't licked it yet, but have not had much time this week.

I'll fiddle with it soon, probably this weekend and let you know.

-- John

EdB

Auditioning
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am planning on getting a pair of Ultras and I don't understand why an EQ is needed. Why is it "probably one of the most underated pieces of HT gear on the planet" as Ron states?

Inquiring novice minds want to know.:)
Ed B.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Ed-

Most rooms will have peaks in bass response that can benefit from an equalizer. You can improve the response by trying different placements but sometimes the last resort is equalization.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Actually to truly get the most out of any sub requires both an eq and bass traps, but eqs are not the eye sore that most traps usually are.

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, why are you 20dB down??? Is it attenuating (you said low GAIN though, which I would assume this is just unity gain). Should I not buy an Art equalizer?

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Maybe something is wrong with the EQ because I don't have that problem with my Art 351. I have not began tweaking yet as I don't know where to start, but my Art is hooked up and it did not have the same effect described in this thread.

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe you guys are hooking it up differently? There are RCA, 1/4 and balanced inputs right? Could that cause the change?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks