What's new

Help me make a decision ... either a Benq 6100 or an X1 (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
This a tough choice for me to make.

The last time I saw a DLP FPTV was a few years ago when I saw an LT150 in action. I only saw rainbows RARELY so I don't think they bother me.

I don't have the option to check out a unit before I buy.

Projector Central comparison

Now I understand that the X1 has a better Deinterlacer and the extended warranty is nice BUT the Benq has a 3x colour wheel and higher light output.

I'm not worried about throw, I can put the projector more than 14' from the wall so I'm fine.

I can pick up both of these unit through my sister for between $1235(x1) and $1275(PB).

I cannot get the current rebate on the PB unless I order from TigerDirect Canada and HOPE that the bill has a US address. See, although the rebate can come to Canada the place of purchase MUST be from the U.S.

I'm really leaning towards the PB since the 3x colour wheel makes it more "friend proof". I don't want people running out unable to watch a movie because of headaches. I also like the single VGA in that does both proggressive and NON in one input.

Help out, what are your thoughts?

Brent
remember that I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The BenQ has a year's advantage over the X1 and some minor improvements. I would lean that way as well.,

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
For your case, i'd go with the BenQ... The 3x wheel is a main feature over the X1. They have a free bulb offer right now as well don't they? The price is right.

Just curious, is the 6100 a long throw or short throw PJ? I didnt want to ceiling mount, and only had one place for my X1 to go, it fits PERFECTLY with the room, but the 4:3 image is a tad big even at the smallest zoom (100" diag exactly).

But IME FWIW, ive had about a dozen ppl view the X1 since i got it, no complaints about rainbows. I see them occasionally, but are not a nuisance to me.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
The biggest thing making me look at the 6100 over the X1 is the 3x colour wheel, it pretty much assures me that nobody will be bothered by rainbows, and for the $50 difference why not.

as for the throw, it's a little bit longer than the X1. I'm looking at 13'6" and the x1 is 90" and the PB is 82" diagonal unzoomed.

I WISH the free bulb thing was offered, but it's a $100u.s. rebate for the 6100, and unlesss you buy it from the U.s. Benq will NOT honour the rebate.

I called TigerDIrect Canada yesterday to inquire about the address that will be on my bill. They said it will be billed with the Canadian addy. So they were basically saying "nope, you won't get the rebate, Oh well"

I wonder whether they'll change the page. I guess it's a heads up for any Canadian looking at buying the PB from TigerDirect.

I'm wondering if I should just wait and hope that Benq Canada has a rebate offering soon.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks