What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Help me identify a movie. (1 Viewer)

JonathonSan

Stunt Coordinator
I am trying to identify a movie both my finace and I saw as children, but cannot think of the name. It is about these "children" that are evil or monsters or something. I remember a scene where a person is holding one of these things, it is dark, and another person shines a light on the bundled "child" in the first persons arms. The person holding the child tells the person with flashlight to not shine it on the child, but the child thing freaks out and attacks the man holding it. It was probably middle to late 70's movie. Any ideas?

Thanks,
JonathonSan

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Village of the Damned? Two versions made - one in the late 50s/early 60s in black and white, one made in colour about 10 years ago (from an excellent book by John Wyndham, the guy who wrote Day of the Triffids). Both concern alien visitors who impregnate the women in a remote town who give birth to blond haired children who communicate telepathically with each other.

JonathonSan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies...I think I did find the right movie: It's Alive. At least the description on IMDB seems to be right on, I guess I will have to rent it to find out for certain.

JonathonSan

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
I recognized the scene you described, and it is indeed "It's Alive", but its about a mutant baby monster, not really about "children".

- Cryo

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
"It's Alive" had a sequel in which there were three children. I can't remember the name of the sequel, but it's something like "It lives again".

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Ahh, It's Alive. I will always remember that movie fondly, for it is while watching that fabulous piece of cinema that I got my first kiss. 1976, I was 10, back row, left side, theater 2 I believe, Interstate Mall 6, Altamonte Springs Florida. :b What a great movie!!!!! ;)

StephenA

Screenwriter
There was also a third one in the It's Alive series. It's called It's Alive 3: The Island of the Alive, in which the freaky babies have grown up and live on an island. I saw all 3 and boy are they weird movies.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I saw all 3 and boy are they weird movies.
Damn right :) :emoji_thumbsup:

I was able to pick up the It's Alive/It Lives Again double feature LD off of someone on this forum earlier this year. Definitely classics that I will always treasure :)

...now to find Island of the Alive, starring Law and Order's Michael Moriarity :D

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
This also sounds like "The Brood" with Oliver Reed and Samantha Eggar. A very creepy Cronenberg movie from the late 70's that did feature some deformed children wearing hooded parkas that attacked people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks