Help me identify a movie.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by JonathonSan, Sep 4, 2003.

1. JonathonSan

JonathonSan Stunt Coordinator

I am trying to identify a movie both my finace and I saw as children, but cannot think of the name. It is about these "children" that are evil or monsters or something. I remember a scene where a person is holding one of these things, it is dark, and another person shines a light on the bundled "child" in the first persons arms. The person holding the child tells the person with flashlight to not shine it on the child, but the child thing freaks out and attacks the man holding it. It was probably middle to late 70's movie. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    JonathonSan

2. andrew markworthy

Village of the Damned? Two versions made - one in the late 50s/early 60s in black and white, one made in colour about 10 years ago (from an excellent book by John Wyndham, the guy who wrote Day of the Triffids). Both concern alien visitors who impregnate the women in a remote town who give birth to blond haired children who communicate telepathically with each other.

3. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Basketcase?

4. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Children of the Corn, perhaps? I believe that came out in 1980.

5. JonathonSan

JonathonSan Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies...I think I did find the right movie: It's Alive. At least the description on IMDB seems to be right on, I guess I will have to rent it to find out for certain.

JonathonSan

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

It's Alive? I really don't know but that's an old movie about killer children, IIRC.

7. Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa Second Unit

I recognized the scene you described, and it is indeed "It's Alive", but its about a mutant baby monster, not really about "children".

- Cryo

8. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

"It's Alive" had a sequel in which there were three children. I can't remember the name of the sequel, but it's something like "It lives again".

9. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

Ahh, It's Alive. I will always remember that movie fondly, for it is while watching that fabulous piece of cinema that I got my first kiss. 1976, I was 10, back row, left side, theater 2 I believe, Interstate Mall 6, Altamonte Springs Florida. :b What a great movie!!!!! [​IMG]

10. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

There was also a third one in the It's Alive series. It's called It's Alive 3: The Island of the Alive, in which the freaky babies have grown up and live on an island. I saw all 3 and boy are they weird movies.

11. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

12. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman
    This also sounds like "The Brood" with Oliver Reed and Samantha Eggar. A very creepy Cronenberg movie from the late 70's that did feature some deformed children wearing hooded parkas that attacked people.