What's new

Help me get to NY without driving... (1 Viewer)

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
I want to go to see a couple ofthe Today show's summer concert series. Especially July 23 when the Corrs perform :D . How can i get there without driving. I am coming from Southern NJ. Can any Nj people out there give me the best public transportation option?

thanks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I didn't know the Corrs would be doing a Today Show appearance on July 23. Hmm... it's tempting to fly up and watch them (got to get there really early to catch them do their soundchecks, etc).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Check with Academy Bus Lines... I know they run shuttles to NYC (most likely Port Authority which would be the best drop off point anyway, I think for NBC which would be Rockafeller Plaza. Academy runs shuttles from Monmouth County (near Sandy Hook) but they also I think run shuttles from south Jersey, say Atlantic City area and also Cumberland County..

You might also have train service but probably from Philadelphia through Newark Airport or Newark's Penn Station.

http://www.njtransit.com/cs_contactus.shtm

That will list other bus services other than NJTransit... if you scroll down... I don't see a website for Academy but you can call...

Jay

Oh, I thought I'd add, if you wish, you can also drive to a place and then take mass transit to NYC if you have a car. I can see why you don't want to drive in NYC cause parking is always hard. So if you have a car and don't mind driving, you can always drive to a PATH train and take that to Hoboken and then jump on the subway (or ferry if you want a scenic trip) to NYC...

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
drive to Weehawkin and take the ferry. That's what I do. It's only 5 bucks each way and the bus on the other side is free. The buses are marked and will get you within a few blocks to where you are going. Parking in Weehawkin is cheap too.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but that would be either 34th St or the Chamber St World Trace Center station (or whatever it's called nowadays). He would still need to get to 50ish St.

That's how I would do it thougth.

--
H

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Perhaps, the last time I took a train to NYC was the Boonton line which goes to hoboken, then you had to transfer to another train to go to midtown or take the ferry to the WTC dock..

Jay

Doug:Li

Stunt Coordinator
Drive to to Trenton, Princeton, or Hamilton station. Take NJ transit right into Penn station. Its about $15 round trip and the trains leave hourly (or more) from/to Nyc till about 1:30 am. It's the easiest way to go and it will drop you off around 33rd street. Just a short walk, cab or subway ride to the studio...

Pascal A

Second Unit
Go with Doug's idea. Hoboken parking has become incredibly difficult especially in the past two years and even with a monthly garage pass, I found myself getting shut out of a parking spot if I don't get there early enough (like 7:30-8:00 a.m.) Fortunately, I have access to a private garage space now. From the Path/34th Street, you can take the B/D Line by turning left once you exit the turnstiles (or the ramp door) and there is a staircase on your left that leads down to the subway. Just after the turnstiles, you will see the B/D uptown line signs on your right (trains are one level down).

By the way, the WTC Path station reopened earlier this year (or maybe it was very late last year), and it's still called World Trade Center but just exits to an escalator to the street. It's kinda nice seeing the WTC indicator light on again though. :)

Tom Fynan

Stunt Coordinator
Larry,

If you live near Camden or along the river in Burlington County, you could take the new light rail to Trenton, then change to the NJ Transit train.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks