What's new

Help me choose between Tosh or Hitach RPTV (1 Viewer)

DonM

Agent
I've done the legwork and I am down to 2 RPTV's. The HitachI 57S700 and the Tosh 57HX83. The pictures are both good. It would seem that Hitachi is the more recommended on various websites for reliability and tweakability features. Do any of you guys who know the hardware of these 2 sets, that is CRT guns, lenses, electronics, and screens have any reason why one is superior to the other? Hitachi has a wonderful website, full of information on their RPTV's, while Toshiba's website pretty much stinks for detailed information. Hitachi tells you everything about their guns while Toshiba tells you almost nothing. I am also trying to find the rated life expectancy in hours, for each brands's color crt's and haven't been able to find that information. Any help here fellas?

DonM

Agent
After doing some more comparison shopping I think I have decided on the Hitachi 57S700. It has an OTA HD decoder built in and I plan on installing an HD antenna. DishNetwork currently only offers 4 HD channels. Anybody have any experience with this et or know why i shouldn't consider it? Thanks in advance! I can get it for $2900 with a 5 year warranty at my local store. Not a bad deal I'm thinking. Thinking of pulling the trigger tomorrow....any naysayers about this set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks