What's new

Help me build my DVD-A/SACD collection (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jefe, I think you should get over your channel anxiety. Some of the best hi-def music out has less than 6 channels. Myself, I draw the line at 2 channels;) , any less and I'm not intrested!:)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jefe, I think you should get over your channel anxiety. Some of the best hi-def music out has less than 6 channels. Myself, I draw the line at 2 channels;) , any less and I'm not intrested!:)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I second Brian's suggestions for Fragile and Chicago II, from a Rock perspective, although I have not listened to them in multi-channel.

I would hope that your Rock interests would forgive the lack of multi-channel for some of the Stones SACDs, which are excellent quality. My favs are Beggar's Banquet and Let It Bleed.

Doug

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I second Brian's suggestions for Fragile and Chicago II, from a Rock perspective, although I have not listened to them in multi-channel.

I would hope that your Rock interests would forgive the lack of multi-channel for some of the Stones SACDs, which are excellent quality. My favs are Beggar's Banquet and Let It Bleed.

Doug

AricB

Second Unit
Home Theater Spot

there are quite a few reviews and comments on various titles for both formats here, may have to search back a little ways, as no new releases have been out in a while so the discussions have dwindled.

AricB

Second Unit
Home Theater Spot

there are quite a few reviews and comments on various titles for both formats here, may have to search back a little ways, as no new releases have been out in a while so the discussions have dwindled.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Run, don't walk, and pick up InAbsentia-Porcupine Tree, as a couple of people have mentioned. This is state of the art for surround music. Fits well with your taste. You will thank me later.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Run, don't walk, and pick up InAbsentia-Porcupine Tree, as a couple of people have mentioned. This is state of the art for surround music. Fits well with your taste. You will thank me later.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

Good call Justin. I like this one very much as well.

I might also suggest David Bowie Let's Dance. While not the best recording I like listening to this to remind myself of some 80s life.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

Good call Justin. I like this one very much as well.

I might also suggest David Bowie Let's Dance. While not the best recording I like listening to this to remind myself of some 80s life.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Porcupine Tree - In Absensia (DVD-A)
Stone Temple Pilots - Core (DVD-A)
Queensryche - Empire (DVD-A)

our tastes are very similar (I have most of your titles listed) you wont be dissapointed by these one bit.

Personally I never heard of Porcupine Tree before I read these crazy good reviews from people with similar tastes, but I was still leary of buying it for fear of hating it. so I downloaded the cd version. After listening to the 2nd track "Trains" on my way to work, I was like "Goddamn, I gotta get this on my way home for sure." Best DVD-A I own, hands down. End of story. If you get it, drop me a message and tell me what you think of it.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Porcupine Tree - In Absensia (DVD-A)
Stone Temple Pilots - Core (DVD-A)
Queensryche - Empire (DVD-A)

our tastes are very similar (I have most of your titles listed) you wont be dissapointed by these one bit.

Personally I never heard of Porcupine Tree before I read these crazy good reviews from people with similar tastes, but I was still leary of buying it for fear of hating it. so I downloaded the cd version. After listening to the 2nd track "Trains" on my way to work, I was like "Goddamn, I gotta get this on my way home for sure." Best DVD-A I own, hands down. End of story. If you get it, drop me a message and tell me what you think of it.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

This disc is not a hybrid.
It's a rare case where that doesn't matter to me- a hardcore Love Supreme fan will have the 2-disc deluxe version (which includes a rare live performance of the album) and the completist will have the Complete Impulse Studio Quartet set that includes the album.

(yes, I have three versions of this album)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

This disc is not a hybrid.
It's a rare case where that doesn't matter to me- a hardcore Love Supreme fan will have the 2-disc deluxe version (which includes a rare live performance of the album) and the completist will have the Complete Impulse Studio Quartet set that includes the album.

(yes, I have three versions of this album)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I second the nomination of REM's Document, which is one of the better-sounding discs in my collection. Easily beats the pants off AFTP, IMO :)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I second the nomination of REM's Document, which is one of the better-sounding discs in my collection. Easily beats the pants off AFTP, IMO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks