Help ID song in 'Silence of the Lambs'

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shade Watson, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Shade Watson

Shade Watson Stunt Coordinator

OK this question is actually from my wife. She just watched the movie on satellite and then watched the credits, and could not figure out the song title.
    It is the music or song playing when the real killer (not Anthony Hopkins) is getting dressed. I haven't seen the movie in years so I have no idea. If anyone owns the DVD I would apprieciate it if you could figure this out for me.
    Thanks,
    Shade

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

If you mean the song when he's dressing up in his new "skin" towards the end, it's "Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazzarus. I don't think it's officially available on CD in the US, but I might be wrong. But you can usually find it via the usual Internet venues. [​IMG]

3. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

the song is also available on the 'Married To The Mob' soundtrack, but I believe this as well is out of print. You may be able to find a used copy.
    ps. it is a great soundtrack (Married To The Mob)

4. Shade Watson

Shade Watson Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys,
    I'll think I'll snag a used copy of Married to the Mob off eBay.

5. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

MatS is right. Jonathan Demme used it in the soundtrack to "Married To The Mob" and then recycled it for his next film, "The Silence of the Lambs." It doesn't show up on eBay or Half.com as often as I would have expected; my copy had been stolen and I had to track another one down this past summer.
    Great soundtrack (Tom Tom Club, Debbie Harry, Sinead O'Connor, Brian Eno, etc.); also worth picking up is the equally eclectic and groovy soundtrack to Demme's "Something Wild."