What's new

Help! I have Jury Duty! (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
After one day, I'm seriously bummed. I didn't get selected for a jury, so I have to go back and twidle my thumbs another day. Even though I get paid by my work for serving, I'd rather be at work.
There's an internet terminal in the jury waiting room that only costs $.20/ minute:eek: . If I get any more bored, I might just start surfing the net.

Tim Travis

Agent
Really? When I went to jury duty a couple weeks ago, if you didn't get selected the first day you were finished. I didn't get picked and got to go home at noon. Is it different where you are?

I was only there for a couple of hours but it was still boring.

Tim

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
I think it varies on how computerized the jury system is. My county used to have a service period of a week but once they got their new computer systems up and running, they where able to shorten the service period to one day. It would have been too hard to keep track of that many people on their old system.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Here's how it worked in Arkansas when I last served:

When you are called up for duty, you must report to the courts on the date given. There, you are pre-qualified for jury duty and are given a list of dates and a phone number to call. You must call the number the night before the date listed after 4:00 PM. The person who answers the phone (or a recording) will inform you as to whether you have to report the following day for duty. If you do not have to report the following day, you must wait and call the number the night before the next date listed, and so on and so forth. If you must report the following day, you go to the courts and the court clerk randomly draws names. If your name is drawn, you serve that case. If it is not drawn, you go home and repeat the process listed above. When you are called up for duty, your name stays in the hat for 8 weeks. If you serve on a case during that duty period, you are dismissed from the rest of your dates once the case you're assigned to is ended.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Ahh jury duty. I've never been selected. But, if I ever do... Then I'm going to claim to be racist, and I'll tell them I sacrifice chickens in the cult I belong to. I'm sure that is an easy way to not be selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks