What's new

Help a laserdisc newbie find some good software! (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Hello all-

I just recently took the plunge into laserdisc (due to our good friend George Lucas). I will soon be receiving the original Star Wars Trilogy (THX "separates" version), but I was wondering if any laser-freaks had a good suggestion for other LD's to look for. My player does not do AC-3, so are there any really good Dolby Surround discs that are worth owning? Specifically, I am looking for other good "not on DVD yet" titles (besides SW, Indiana Jones, and BTTF), or laserdiscs where the LD exceeded the DVD. Any suggestions? Thanks for the insight!

--Tom

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The Jaws CAV box set, so that you get the full-length documentary that was abridged for the DVD.

The E.T. CAV box set, because the same thing will probably happen with that documentary.

If your player has a digital out and you have DTS capability, the DTS versions of The Shadow, Timecop and Sudden Death.

M.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Ransom- you get the director's cut which isn't available on DVD

Scream- same reason

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Beatles Anthology Box Set

Thin Man Box

Amaedus Box

the Twilight zone Boxs hold 15 to 20 shows apiece...the DVDs hold 3 ...and I bought the boxes for $20 apiece

TPM japanese import

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
The Jaws CAV box set, so that you get the full-length documentary that was abridged for the DVD.
there's also a CLV box that has the full documentary. the CAV comes with a soundtrack CD and is therefore usually more expensive. if you don't need/want the soundtrack CD (and you don't mind the loss of CAV's frame-by-frame features), i'd suggest saving some bucks and going for the CLV set.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks