What's new

Blu-ray Review 1776 Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron,@Ronald Epstein

I have "1776" in my digital library at iTunes. The "Director's Cut" version that runs 165 minutes is 4K, but it doesn't have HDR. I didn't buy this digital, but it was a digital code that I redeemed from when I bought the 2015 Blu-ray. Another thing, the "Extended Cut" version that is also on that 2015 Blu-ray and runs almost 168 minutes is not available digitally on iTunes or Vudu. Only the "Director's Cut" is available on both services. By the way, I verified the run times by actually streaming the digital and playing the Blu-ray.

I just found this out thanks to Ted Wilkinson.

This is a huge no-go for me.

It doesn't have the extended versions of PIDDLE TWIDDLE or LEES. So, no matter how great I hear this looks, I can't buy the shorter version and will have to resort to the Blu-ray instead.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This is why I am still on the side of physical media: when there are multiple cuts of the same movie, streaming tends to favor the shorter one even when both are still available. And when there are overtures and intermission music, they often tend to be forgotten about. I'm surprised more streaming services haven't figured out how to handle this, especially for what amounts to only a 3-minute discrepancy in the running time. At least they didn't pull a bait-and-switch the way Disney did to VUDU and Bedknobs and Broomsticks: actually taking the long version away from people who paid for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks