– 1776 – 1972

– Rio Bravo – 1959

– Jupiter Ascending – 2015

– McFarland USA – 2015

– The Spongebob Squarepants Movie – 2015

– Focus – 2015

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Age of Consent - 45th Anniversary (Mill Creek)  $5.89
American Bad Boy (Lions Gate)  $13.97
Asmodexia (MPI)  $19.49
Asylum (2015) (Lions Gate)  $13.96
Because They're Young - 55th Anniversary (Mill Creek)  $5.89
Beetle Bailey [65th Anniversary Collection] $24.44
Bonanza: Season 8 Volume 1 $34.99
Bonanza: Season 8 Volume 2 $34.99
Bonanza: Season 8 $58.86
Bud Abbott and Lou Costello (The Best of, Volume 2) (Universal)  $19.99
Camp X-Ray (MPI)  $22.48
Dog Who Saved Summer, The (Anchor Bay)  $9.99
Falling Skies (The Complete Fourth Season) (Warner Bros.)  $28.73 $17.99
Fire Sale (Fox)  $19.98
Focus (2015) (Warner Bros.)  $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
Infected (Image)  $14.49
Jupiter Ascending (Warner Bros.)  $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
Justified: Final Season $24.99 $24.99 $24.99
Killing Jesus (Fox)  $14.96
L Word, The (Complete Series) (Paramount)  $58.99
Legend of Longwood, The (Shout! Factory)  $16.97
Li'l Quinquin (Kino)  $19.99
Mad Love - 20th Anniversary (Mill Creek)  $5.89
Made For Each Other (Fox)  $19.98
McFarland USA (Walt Disney)  $17.98 $17.99 $17.99
Monsters: Dark Continent (Anchor Bay)  $16.49
Parks and Recreation (Season 7: The Farewell Season) (Universal)  $24.97
Parks and Recreation (The Complete Series) (Universal)  $119.89
Pretty Little Liars (The Complete Fifth Season) (Warner Bros.)  $41.99 $34.99
Rectify (The Complete Second Season) (Anchor Bay)  $22.98
Rizzoli & Isles (The Complete Fifth Season) (Warner Bros.)  $28.64
Soap (The Complete Series) (Mill Creek)  $23.29
Song To Remember, A - 70th Anniversary (Mill Creek)  $5.89
Spongebob Movie, The: Sponge Out of Water (Paramount)  $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
Spring (Drafthouse)  $16.49
Summer's Shadow (Mill Creek)  $8.79
Taking of Tiger Mountain, The (Well Go USA)  $14.96
Tom and Jerry (The Gene Deitch Collection) (Warner Bros.)  $19.94
With This Ring (Sony)  $24.29

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
1776 (Director's Cut) (4K Remastered) (Sony)  $14.97
Apollo 13 (20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray) (Universal)  $12.98
Cahill: U.S. Marshal (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $9.25
Camp X-Ray (Blu-ray) (MPI)  $12.99
Dziga Vertov: The Man with the Movie Camera and Other Newly-Restored Works (Blu-ray) (Flicker Alley)  $34.99
Falling Skies (The Complete Fourth Season) (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $34.36
Focus (2015) (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Hoovey $14.99
John Wayne Western Collection, The (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $42.86
Jupiter Ascending $24.99 $24.99
Jupiter Ascending [Blu-ray 3-D] (Warner Bros.)  $27.99 $27.99 $29.99
Justified: Final Season $29.99 $29.99
Killer Cop (Blu-ray) (RaroVideo)  $18.99
Killing Jesus $19.95
Li'l Quinquin (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $22.19
McFarland USA (Blu-ray) (Walt Disney)  $22.93 $22.99 $22.99
Monsters: Dark Continent (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $12.99
Pope of Greenwich Village, The / Desperate Hours (1990) (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $24.25
Rio Bravo (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $9.25
Scarecrows (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $17.95
Spongebob Movie, The: Sponge Out of Water  $18.99 $18.99 $19.99
Spongebob Movie, The: Sponge Out of Water [Blu-ray 3-D] (Paramount)  $24.84 $24.99 $29.99
Spring (Blu-ray) (Drafthouse)  $29.99
Taking of Tiger Mountain, The (Blu-ray) (Well Go USA)  $12.99
Train Robbers, The (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $9.25
Wire, The (Complete Series) (Blu-ray) (HBO)  $107.85
Wolfen (Blu-ray) (Warner Archive)  $17.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Only at Best Buy, this week, an EXCLUSIVE SPONGEBOB BEACH BALL with their copies of The Spongebob Movie on Blu-ray.   

--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of the Complete Series of Entourage on Blu-ray.  Buy it and get up to $25 off three tickets to be able to "Take your entourage to go see Entourage (in theaters 6-5-15).

--Best Buy is also advertising some $14.99 "Recent Release Hits."  Titles shown include The Gambler (Blu), John Wick (Blu) and Birdman (Blu).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of The Spongebob Movie which includes Invincibubble packaging with a removable bubble wand mask.  This will be at the same $19.99 price as their standard Blu combo pack release of the film.  Also, buy The Spongebob Movie at Target and get a FREE popcorn and good2grow juice at the Target Cafe.  See movie package for coupon.  Free offer not available at all stores.  Quantities limited, no rain checks.

--Target is also advertising an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK release of True Detective: Season 1 (Blu). 

--Target is also advertising seasons 1-5 of Justified on DVD for $14.99.

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of $10 "Recent Release" DVDs.  Titles shown and select others.  Titles shown are:  Annie, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Interstellar, Neighbors.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. I'm not really thrilled about Justified being $30, but once it's the last one and I have the other five, I'll probably get it. Nothing else for me this week Blu-wise.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. I'm not really thrilled about Justified being $30, but once it's the last one and I have the other five, I'll probably get it. Nothing else for me this week Blu-wise.

Nah. Why should ya? You've got a nice, shiny copy of American Sniper to watch! Congratulations on winning that contest! :biggrin:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I was wondering that, too.

Otherwise, 1776 and Wolfen for little old moi this week!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
1776, and that will wrap up the week for me. :D

the other titles I had already pre -ordered from Flicker Alley, so I should be getting 3D Rarities and Man with a Movie Camera in the mail any day now

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Mike Frezon said:
Nah. Why should ya? You've got a nice, shiny copy of American Sniper to watch! Congratulations on winning that contest! :biggrin:

Thanks, Mike. Actually, technically, it's not here yet, although I will be popping it in when it arrives. ;)

Oh, and I didn't even see 1776 in the grid the first time I looked. I forgot that was this week. I'll get that too, but probably not right away. Lots of Broadway cast albums arriving this month in addition to blu-rays, so as much as I'd like to get everything, prioritizing will be a must.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I signed up for Killing Jesus for review, so Fox may or may not send.

1776 has been pre-ordered since it was announced, and I'll eventually get the new John Wayne releases and Rizzoli & Isles.

Thanks, Mike!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike!

For some reason I thought Kingsman: The Secret Service was coming out this Tuesday, but I'm just as happy to learn it's coming out next week, when I'll have another paycheck in the bank to pay for it.

Probably given that we're about as far away from Christmas as you can get in either direction, the A Charlie Brown Christmas Blu-Ray fell below $10 and triggered my price alert. And given all of the raves about 1776 in the Blu-Ray forum here from Mike anothers, I went ahead and blind preordered it along with a few other odds and ends to get to the $35 for free shipping.

JakeLip said:

I was hoping it would be a bit lower too, but it was such a fantastic final season that I'm going to take the plunge as well. I wasn't too impressed with the fifth season, so I've been holding off for the inevitable Black Friday week price drop on that, but I already have the excellent first four seasons on Blu-Ray.

I also have a friend in Boston who is one of my five authorized shares on Vudu. He watched the first five seasons on Amazon Prime, and now he's chomping at the bit for the final season. So redeeming the Ultraviolet code now will help him out too.

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Very disappointed to see, yet again, two new studio releases (Focus and Jupiter Ascending) sold for a reasonable price on DVD, and a ridiculous price on Blu. Since American Sniper was just released in the same fashion, it appears to be a trend, and one that means I won't be buying much at release anymore.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I am working on my review for the SpongeBob movie today, and have an interview with the voice of Patrick (Bill Fagerbakke,) going up in a day or so. I can't imagine fans of SpongeBob not already having this Blu-ray on preorder - it's certainly a fun film.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I got Movie Stop to match Best Buy's online price for The Wire blu-ray at $99. Apparently they have new ownership and don't guarantee price match for any other B&Ms, but a call from the clerk to the District Manager sealed the deal (I brought a print-out of Best Buy's pre-order page). The things we do to save a few bucks. Everyone loves a deal. This was small compensation for getting stone-walled trying to talk a car dealer down another $500 on a car for my son yesterday. You win some, you lose some.

I'm also on board for Justified, the Final Season blu-ray, which Movie Stop has about 20 cents less than Best Buy at $28.87. Woo-hoo!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mike Frezon said:
[emoji23]

Damn! And I'm out of guesses! [emoji3]
That's ok, I went ahead and ordered Camp X-Ray as well. I was on the fence, but I'm on the KS "everything not Twilight" bandwagon.

Age of Consent is a must for any Mirren fan(and this release is the proper Australian original).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks