What's new

Hellraisers ? (1 Viewer)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone happen to know if there's any news on the next 2 HELLRAISER films coming out?
Has the fiasco with Dimension reached any kind of conclusion?

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
The latest news is from Fangoria.com:

Excerpt:

"HELLRAISER: DEADER has been complete for quite some time now, but I haven’t seen it. Dimension hasn’t sent me a screening copy. Last time I heard, and that was simply by way of on-line rumors, it isn’t going to come out until next year—if then."

Other than that, I don't think there is any more news about the upcoming direct to DVD sequels. Most likely next year we'll get Deader.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Hold on, they are actually releasing a Hellraiser film called "Deader"? That is almost as bad as calling your movie "Die Harder". :)

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Yeah "Deader" is a terrible name for a movie. I'll still rent it though, me being the hellraiser fan that I am. :b

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
From the DavisDVD website:

Dimension Home Entertainment will finally release the long-shelved Hellraiser: Deader on June 7th. Also on tap is the follow-up Hellraiser: Hellworld on September 6th.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
I'm totally going to rent these two. The only Hellraiser sequel I absolutely don't like is Hellseeker. All the rest I find to be fairly watchable.

Also I wish there was a decent Hellraiser 3 DVD. I doubt it'll happen though.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I would love to see the original cut of Hellraiser: Bloodline.

About time that they got these two sequels scheduled for release. I hope they stick to the dates this time. I hope news about Dracula 3 (another shelved DVD title) is soon to come.

I only liked the first two movies in this series, I didn't like the third one at all, and the sci-fi one didn't do much for me either. The Cenobites had all of their scariness and power in the first two movies; after that, they became caricatures of what Clive Barker originally envisioned. I kind of liked some of the ideas behind the direct-to-video sequels, but I haven't been following them. I'd probably only consider a rental anyway, at this point. Still, for my money, those first two movies represent some of the scariest moments I've experienced while watching my TV set (never saw any in theaters).

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
>>>>Also I wish there was a decent Hellraiser 3 DVD. I doubt it'll happen though.>>>>>>>

Anchor Bay UK produced a pretty good anamorphic, widescreen HELLRAISER 3 dvd last year. Its Region 2 though (I don't think its region free)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
DRACULA III, PROPHECY 4 and 5 and a load of others besides the HELLRAISER flicks are apparently all breaking loose this summer on DVD. Amazon already has the listings and dates in their system.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
I would too love to see the original Bloodline before it got ripped to shreds. I always thought it was the most underrated Hellraiser sequel, and the original cut would only make it better.

I don't think that Hellraiser 3 UK DVD is region free... I really need a region-free DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks