What's new

Heads up if you're buying an xbox. (1 Viewer)

joshiajay

Auditioning
I went to EB today to pick up NBA 2k3 and Project Gotham Racing and the guy told me that they had these new XBOXes (with Sega GT and Jet Set Radio Future) in in the back of the shop. He told me to tell all my friends to show up early on Oct 15th because they would go fast. Andre go return your unopened x-box before it is too late.
Ajay

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
damn! and i just bought an xbox when buffy came out.. well maybe i'll be able to snag someone's JSR Future for dirt cheap.. then i'll feel alright.. :frowning:

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
If anyone hears anything about ps2 doing something to compete with this please post it. I'm going to buy a ps2 in the next week and I'd like to take advantage of something like this.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Saw the boxes at work today. One thing about them is that the "Includes S Controler" picture is printed on the box, while the "Included JSRF and SegaGT" is a sticker which also says its a Limited Edition.
I also read somewhere else that the games were on a single disc, but they appear to be the full, seperate games in their own cases and everything.
If you buy your Box at EB, and take advantage of the Remote deal, you can also get a free preowned DVD on the spot.
If you don't want the games. See if they'll let you trade in the games on the spot (you won't get full value, even though they're unopened). That way it'll just be a discount off the price of the system and you won't have to worry about using store credit :)
If anyone hears anything about ps2 doing something to compete with this please post it. I'm going to buy a ps2 in the next week and I'd like to take advantage of something like this.
I read a note saying to give out Madden with a new PS2. But since I wasn't actually working, I didn't pay that close of attention to it. I'll see if it's still there on Monday.

This story is definitely real. I just went to my local Target and saw that one of the four systems in the window said "includes two sega games" and "limited edition." I said "give me that one" and walked out with it. And to think, 2 hours earlier I'd been standing in Worst Buy not having read this thread and not knowing what to look for. Thanks y'all.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I called two EB stores as well two other stores. Three out of four confirmed they have the new Xbox deal. So, since tomorrow is the day, I'll order it up and package up my unopened Xbox (it's still within the 30 day rerurn policy) and send it back to EBGames.com. I figure I'll have to pay postage etc, but that's less than the price of two games! :)

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
George, don't forget to take advantage of the dvd remote rebate offer if you have any interest in using the xbox's dvd playback capabilities. This offer is still valid up until November 2, 2002.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I stopped by the local Best Buy tonight & they said that they will begin selling them on the 20th. FWIW

-Dan

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Bestbuy always gets new video game stuff after the release date. They didnt have NHL 2003 or Godzilla on the day they were released.

capt

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
We got notice today that the DVD Remote offer is NOT applicable to the boxed set with JSRF and GT. Even if you can get a coupon, you still might not get the rebate.

The PS2 deal is a free preowned copy of Madden 2002. So, not nearly as good, but still something. This is an EB offer only (of course).

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Thats a pretty weak deal comparitively. Oh well. I'll hold out a few more days and if I don't catch any rumours I'll just get one. Thanks for the info though Graeme.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Well, like I said, it's an EB deal. The XBox package is all Microsoft and Sega and their big push to move systems. It's not really fair to compare them.

EB also has a deal with the Gamecube where you get a free extra Nintendo Pad.

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
I reserved this xbox bundle on Sunday at eb, so I'm on my way to the mall this morning to pick it up!

John

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I believe i read a article somewhere yesterday that a rep from microsoft said the Remote offer could still be used since from here on out the only thing that will be sold is this new package.

capt

Andre F

Screenwriter
Just ordered my bundle from EBGames, I can't wait until it gets here. Now I have to send the other one back. Here I come Post Office. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks