What's new

he-man season 2 v1 "Floaters"?? (1 Viewer)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Anyone else have any floaters? "loose discs" in S2 VOL. 1?
They play fine it's just annoying!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
2 of the discs in my set were loose. Not a problem though, they are flawless w/ no scratches.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Same here, which was a surprise. I'm not sure how they came out unscathed... but they did.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Yes it is a common phenomenon with these sets.. many fans have the problem over at the -he-man.org forums. Just go for a replacement OR try to shake the set before you buy it on the store to see if it has a loose disc inside!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I read all 10 pages in the He-Man.org thread pertaining to this set. Apparently a LOT of people have been having problems with floaters in this set. Also, many have been making clear of a malfunction during the episode "The Iceman Cometh". Apparently, between the 15 & 16 minute mark, there is a pause in the episode. Many have chalked it up as a layer change, however others are stating that the episode jumps around at this point. As for the pause itself, it apparently lasts longer than your average layer change.

I've refrained from buying this set myself upon reading of these incidents. I can deal with the floaters. My previous 2 sets had them, causing minor cosmetic damage to some of the discs, but apparently the glitch in the aforementioned episode has caused a lot of problems for a lot of people. I held off from purchasing the S1V1 set after hearing about the disc trays and how they scratched the discs. When I finally found one with the "Orko Approved" sticker on the back, I gladly picked that one up.

Now the incident with this set seems to be quite widespread accordng to the lengthy thread I'd read. I really don't feel the need to purchase the set, return the faulty disc to BCI and then wait for a replacement. I shouldn't have to do that. It's the same reason I didn't buy S1V1. I knew it was a faulty product, and although a return policy was in place, it didn't seem right to have to buy a product only to return it for a replacement.

I'll do the same with this. If BCI makes an official statement acknowledging the problem, in addition to distributing FIXED copies to retailers, I'll glady wait for that. Between the first set, and this one. I have to wonder about BCI's quality control.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Floaters really have'nt been a problem for me until now.
I love BCI but I do think they need to watch over the distribution process of major releases like He-Man.

I always pre-order my sets online since I can't drive but I guess
I'll have to stop leaping before I look and wait for the reports.
I have never found one s1 v1 set with the "Orko Approved" sticker.

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
I purchased the set, love it, but alas, the "Iceman Cometh" episode does indeed lock up halfway through and then skip ahead a couple of minutes.

I held out for an Orko Approved version of S1V1, looks like I should have done the same for this set as well.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I have always had problems with floaters with the type of packaging used for He-Man. Fox used to use it all the time (Buffy, 24, Angel). Getting a Buffy set without floaters was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'd have to just mix 2-3 sets together at the customer service counter to "build" a good set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks