What's new

HDTV through cable company (1 Viewer)

Jim Can

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone who has this give me some info on this. It will be offered to my area next month and the rep said that there is a box that connects to your existing cable box and that's all you need. Does this sound right? How is the picture quality? I have AT&T who is merging with Comcast from what I have heard. I also have a Motorola digital cable box that I guess the new component would connect to.
Any info would help, Thanks. I am also considering the Mitsubishi 55411 to make this all possible, any feedback on that tv would be great too.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Too earlyh to say.
Some cable systems transmit the HDTV using a prorietary format and only the box they supply will work, delivering a 1080i feed that is the same as an HDTV box for over the air HDTV. The quality may or may not be watered down.
If the HDTV is transmitted in the same form including frequency band as over the air, any HDTV box can be connected to the cable feed. You will get full quality here.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks