What's new

How to get 3D Cable channels on my PC?? (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi All,
I recently got Blu ray 3D setup on my PC. I have a PC capable 3D system and it works fine in 3D enjoying it alot..
I was also wondering since I found out the 2012 Olympics are going to be in 3D this year, If it would be possible to get Some Cable 3D Stations on my PC..
I was looking into it a bit but was NOT exactly sure how and what was needed..
I saw some sited and it mentioned a TV Tuner card for the PC, IF I got that I just plug the HD Cablebox into that and I would be able to get Cable through my PC?? Would I need to run a HDMI cable from the Settop box to the video card or would just plugging the cable box into the TV tuner malke it work??
I have all that is required through my Cable Company HDTV service and I am able to get the 3D Channels I just need to get a Display so I was thinking since I use my PC for 3D Bluray would it be possible to get Cable hooked up to my PC..
EDIT: I am looking for a LEGAL way to do this if possible. Just wanted to put that out there so Nobody thinks I am trying anything Illegal..
Thank You
Gerald

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
ANYBODY??
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0364572
I think this is what I am looking for but will it do the 3D Channels??

PaulGo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
The Cable box to a PC tuner would not work because you would not get a HD picture. Your choices would be getting a PC tuner with a cable card or just hooking the Cable box directly to the PC monitor via an HDMI cable. Cable 3D is either Side by Side or Top Bottom so your monitor needs or PC tuner /cable card needs to handle that format. 3D Blu-ray uses a frame packed format and the 3D monitor must have a a HDMI 1.4 input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks