What's new

HDTV signals - websites??? (1 Viewer)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Anyone know of any websites that can assist you in finding out if you can use an antenna at your location for over-the-air HDTV broadcasts??? HomeTheaterMagazine suggests: www.antennaweb.org - yet I keep getting a "cannot display page" error. (Will continue to try - maybe server down at this ungodly hour of the morning.)
I live in the Western Carolina mountains and plan to purchase an HDTV. I plan to install an antenna to pick up terrestrial broadcasts as well as to subscribe to DirecTV. I'd hate to invest $$$ in all that hardware upfront, just to find out that an HD signal won't reach my house.
:frowning:

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Jenna, Im not sure if this is what you are looking for but I would try www.titantv.com Make sure you go to the digital section and then you can find out what you have now, and what stations will be coming in the future. If you have any other questions just ask. Good Luck.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Jenna-

Also be careful because HDTV is much more line-of-sight than normal broadcast TV. Since you live in a mountainous area, your location may keep you in a "shadow" from the OTA tower.

That being said, you may also have prime position to receive signals from other distant cities; Some people in Georgia have been able to receive the Atlanta DTV stations near the GA/NC border.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks