What's new

HDTV set-up disc (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know where I can get a disc called "Video Essentials". I understand it is for adjusting and set-up of HDTV. I already have the "Avia" disc. Thanks, DR JOHN

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Also, HERE and HERE. The latter also sells the 6500K color temp bias light if you've ever thought about it or want to see what it's about.
I read that this (1996-97) disc is out of production. Has is been recommended to you? I find AVIA does the job for me, altho I do not own an HDTV.
After about 100 hours on your HDTV, it's recommended by many to contact an ISF technician to professionally calibrate your device in-home. Cost ranges from $300 to $700.
bill

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
John: both Avia and Video Essentials do essentially the same thing, and Avia is considered the superior disk.

Both disks were designed for ordinary TV, not HD. There have been rumors of a new disk that includes HD/Progressive patterns, but the ETA is unknown.

And one of the designers of Avia is a member of this fourm so you can see a lot of Guy Kuo's posts in the "Display Devices" fourm.

Hope this helps.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I've used both VE and Avia, and find Avia much easier to use and more comprehensive, particularly on audio issues. Besides, as was said above, VE is no longer being produced, and its replacement, Digital VE, is long delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks